Jazz Taking over

Stickle

And that is that AC hasn't asked anyone with a hammer over them if they can actually do it...like TC. Jazz is still a regional carrier. I can't see a national airline of any kind regulated out of a small region like Moncton.

There is, of course, the union problem. Before the Jazz folks get too lathered up, it might be worth recalling what happened to the AC-Skyservice pact. If AC is successful in merging the low-cost model, there will be one union at AC, all levels. How will it merge? There will be serious bloodshed at both operations.

Either Calin and Robert truly enjoy watching their employee groups fight to the death, or they completely missed some critical elements in their panic. I think it likley the second is what we are seeing.

Just my opinion.

Guest Dick Dastardly

As I've said for a long time. There should be a middle of the road list created honouring YOS at both divisions. Once created, Mainline seniority would be accumulated regardless of the division in which one is employed.

Guest Dick Dastardly

As I've said for a long time. There should be a middle of the road list created honouring YOS at both divisions. Once created, Mainline seniority would be accumulated regardless of the division in which one is employed.

Guest qtip

AC and AC Jazz are two different airlines. For that matter the pilot groups belong to two different unions. What happens when you start work for a new company? Do you start in the middle of the pack or the bottom of the pack? We're not talking merger here are we because ACPA'S merger policy puts you on the bottom of the ACPA list if I remember. Or are we changing the rules again?

Not just my opinion but the truth

Cheers

"And that is that AC hasn't asked anyone with a hammer over them if they can actually do it...like TC. Jazz is still a regional carrier. I can't see a national airline of any kind regulated out of a small region like Moncton."

Do you know they haven't asked? Jazz is a 705 operation including scheduled domestic and international (U.S.) authority (I haven't looked at their AOC so am assuming.). What is preventing them from doing it? Why can they not be 'regulated' out of Moncton? Are they not efffectively 'national' now: operations are across the whole of the country.

Other than adding any new types to their AOC, I don't see any big obstacles. I am not saying they will or won't (I have no idea)just that it is perhaps more possible than you are allowing for.

I learned that pilot's in Canada are the most cutthroat bunch. You get the impression from posts here that some would feed their young to the sharks if it meant keeping their seniority or scope clauses. You call yourselves professionals? Are you this cutthroat on the ACPA and ALPA forum's when you can't hide behind the anonimity?

Just an observation from one of those unskilled overpaid rabble.

:P

...when you can't hide behind the anonymity...

CA, astute point.

On the other forums there is still a range of ideas and emotions being explored but not with the same tone as on the AEF.

If fact one of the reasons I like the other forums is that by using our names - even if we don't know each other - there much less "you, sir, are an idiot', "no, idiot, you're the stupid one" sort of thing.

Have you noticed some of the most reasoned responses here come from the likes of Don, Dave, Kip (he, he), Beth and a few others who don't have the need to be anonymous? Coincidence or concurrence?

Guest Dick Dastardly

Listen, as far as I'm concerned, I am both a member of ALPA and ACPA though I feel like I am being represented by neither. (ex CRA/CAIL) I find it highly unfortunate that when either side feels like things are going their way they go for broke. Perhaps in these times of uncertainty and ongoing negotiations, its time to strike a deal that benefits everyone.

Create a list that encompasses all the contentious airplanes, RJ's 50 seat 70 seat and perhaps up to 90 seats. Recognize years of service with the airlines. Once the lists are formed, overall seniority is accumulated so that when and if a Jazz employee wants to bid to mainline, they can do so based on their years of service from the time the list was created. Respectfully, I undersand that this arrangement may not completely appease the senior boys that understandably stood their ground with regard to Picher. But considering the state of our own seniority list (AC), I think its a reasonable compromise.

Guest M. McRae

Jazz OC

2003.5.23 17:59 EST

File Number: 005002

Company Region: ATLANTIC

Legal Name: JAZZ AIR INC.

Trade Name(s): AIR ALLIANCE

AIR NOVA

AIR ONTARIO

AIRBC

CANADIAN REGIONAL-CANADIEN RÉGIONAL

AIR CANADA JAZZ

Address: 310 GOUDEY DRIVE

ENFIELD,

NOVA SCOTIA

(CANADA)

B2T 1E4

Phone: (902) 873-5000

Fax: (902) 873-3897

Telex:

Cellular:

Internet:

Float Operator: NO Dangerous Goods: YES

Air Operator Certificate Status: APPROVED

Preferred Language: ENGLISH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft

Type Max. Weight

(Lbs.) Registration

Mark Rule Status Work

In Progress VFR

OTT Night

FR IFR Passenger Cargo

BAE 146 90,000 705 APPROVED

CL65 48,000 705 APPROVED

DHC8-100/200/300/400 34,500 705 APPROVED

What was overdue? ALPA finally getting back at ACPA? Well congratulations you bunch of &%$@!s you managed to screw 600 pilots and their families' who had absolutely nothing to do with your union's personal vendetta!!!

Guest Nigol

..and ACPA wasn't trying to screw over 1400 families either were they?!! Why didn't ACPA and ALPA work together before this is beyond me, but this outcome may have been avoided if we all played nice together and shared the sandbox and the toys.

IMESHO Nigol.

Guest qtip

Dozerboy,

what do you mean screw 600 pilots? We both work for two different airlines. You chose to work for AC and I chose to work for AC Jazz. Everyone is entitled to pick their employer. Aren't they? I don't believe we fly any airplanes with a seating capacity of anything close to a 737. Not yet anyway.

Re: AC is imaginary low cost

Posted By: dozerboy

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003, at 12:09:06 PM

In Response To: Re: AC is imaginary low cost (Operation Bomberclad)

"AC is going bankrupt because of its pilots,". What a load of crap. It is really unfortunate to see what is happening at Jazz, many of us at mainline came from the connectors/CRA and have really fond memories of what we did there, the company and the employees that are still there. But to blame the AC pilots solely for this mess is ridiculous. Better yet why don't you come out with some definate economic figures or data as to how the pilots have done this.

*******Why don't you attempt something constructive instead of just criticizing everyone at Air Canada mainline?********

And another thought on the F28. It was an old, very old and inefficient aircraft that passengers hated. The only reason that passengers under the blue system flew on it, was that in many instances if they wanted to fly blue...they had no choice. The fact that Jazz hasn't come close to 39 jet aircraft has nothing to do with the mainline pilots but with AC management. Or are you delusional that we actually have a say in what they do or for that matter that they actually give a damn what we think.

Archived