Gerry Schwartz's G-IV

Guest gmcgregor

Guest gmcgregor

A few years ago, during the attempted Onex takover of AC, there was some chatter on here about Gerry Schwartz's Gulfstream IV. I think somebody had a tail number.

Has anyone seen it recently, and notice who was travelling on it, beside Gerry and his wife, Heather Reismann?

If anyone has had a sighting, please drop me an email, in confidence, at gmcgregor@thecitizen.canwest.com

Thanks,

Glen McGregor

Ottawa Citizen

Guest gmcgregor

The folks who visit this site spend a hell of a lot more time on the runway than I do, and stand a much better chance of seeing the G-IV than I do, even with good binocs.

If they've seen the person I think they have, it will save me a lot of tail-chasing elsewhere. If not, no big deal.

Glen

Guest George

Glen

there are 436 Gulfstream GIVs registed in the USA. Do you know what corp owns Schwartz's GIV or in what state it's parked?

Guest George

Doesn't sound like Gerry would be on this registration.....

N240CX is Assigned

Assigned/Registered Aircraft Aircraft Description

Serial Number 1370 Type Registration Corporation
Manufacturer Name GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE Certificate Issue Date 11/04/1999
Model G-IV Status Valid
Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Multi-Engine Type Engine Turbo-Jet
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 50430107
MFR Year 1999 Fractional Owner NO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registered Owner

Name WELLS FARGO BANK NORTHWEST NA TRUSTEE
Street 299 S MAIN ST # U1228-120
City SALT LAKE CITY State UTAH Zip Code 84111-2263
County SALT LAKE
Country UNITED STATES

Guest George

Skyaire shows only one aircraft, a BE58, Beechcraft 58...I don't think Gerry would even make his valet ride in one of those.

Guest gmcgregor

Actually, the Barrick G-IV is registered in Canada. The N-240CX is FAA registered. That was part of the knock against Schwartz when he was trying to buy AC-- he bought an American made exec jet (not a Bomber) and registered it in the States to avoid GST.

Come on longtimer, a reporter getting his info from a flippin' internet chit chat room...that is pretty lame & in my opinion is an example of how low the press will go to get a story......true or not.

Guest flyersclub

I can only see 3 registered in Canada:

1 C-FHPM Gulfstream G IV 994748 Ontario Inc. 2001-10-22
2 C-GBBB Gulfstream G-1159A Chartright Air Inc. 1999-03-17
3 C-GTEW Gulfstream G-1159 Skyservice Aviation Inc./Aviat 2000-12-21

Guest gmcgregor

Just to be clear, I would never write a story based on anything I read in here unless I can verify elsewhere. There's a difference between getting a lead from here and establishing fact, which must be done through conventional sources.

Had someone posted, "I saw SO-AND-SO getting off the G-IV last Tuesday in YYZ" I would not have published it unless I could confirm through other channels.

As I've said before, I come to this forum occassionally because there is a wealth of knowledge here about Canadian commercial aviation.

I usually get severly flamed when I post a question here but I usally get useful responses too that allow me to make other inquiries in the right direction.

Journalist are often criticized for not getting their facts straight about aviation. I come here to learn from people who know, even if I'm not quoting them.

In this case, it does not appear the story I was exploring is panning out. Other sources have told me that the person I am interested in (a politician) does not fly on Gerry Schwartz's jet.

Thanks to everyone who helped, anyway.

-Glen

"There's a difference between getting a lead from here and establishing fact, which must be done through conventional sources."

Fair enough Glen.....good to hear.

Guest jimmy

Mr. McGregor:

I could tell you where Mr. Schwartz parks his Gulfstream, the registration and with a phone call I could find out who has been flying on it lately. I know his director of maintenance, I've met his pilots and I've been on the aircraft. It is very nice.

But why would I or anyone else with this info give it to you?

Have a Great Day,

jimmy

Guest gmcgregor

The reason I asked is because I thought there might be an an issue of public interest at stake. That is-- an elected official flying for free on the jet, which could create a conflict-of-interest for this person in the near future.

Whether that's a compelling enough reason to help me, I'll leave up to you. From your tone, I have a hunch it won't be.

Guest gmcgregor

Relationships between politicians who will ultimately set airline policy and business leaders with demonstrated interest in the airline industry is not, in my view, gossip.

Also, a politican who chose to fly on a private executive jet instead of commercial flight would, in my view, show poor judgment in a time when the industry is so badly on the ropes.

It may not interest you, but I'm sure it would others.

We don't poll but we do sample public interest everyday by selling the paper. Those who aren't interested don't buy it.

I'm with you on the issues as described however, the media brought down a very dirty Nixon gov and so, I would encourage any attempt the media may make to keep us informed as to how screwed over we are.

Archived