Aircraft Accidents

I have commented recently on the increasing number of accidents involving pilots that may have been relying on technology or just a lack of experience…..here is another accident which raises some questions:

Does anybody know of a Piper Lance … CFBWH?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-after-single-engine-plane-crashes-40-nashville/story?id=107796017

The flight originated in Ontario — specifically Milton, according to reports — and made stops along the way that were likely to gas up, including in Erie, Pa., and Mount Sterling, Ky., McCarter said. Before the pilot radioed in the emergency, the plane had been on a normal flight track with no mechanical irregularities reported while it flew in from the Kentucky airport, McCarter added.

The plane was based at the Brampton Flight Centre, which is owned and operated by the Brampton Flying Club, said its general manager, Allan Paige. He could not say whether the plane took off from there, however, as the airport is uncontrolled and does not have flight records.

The Canadian Civil Aircraft Register shows the aircraft was registered to a numbered company as of last July. The business is registered to an address in Vaughan, Ont., according to provincial business records.

Seeing as the pilot reported an engine failure to ATC, I'm not sure how a reliance on automation would be a factor here. So far it sounds like he struck a major set of power lines as he was trying to put it on the highway.

3 hours ago, J.O. said:

Seeing as the pilot reported an engine failure to ATC, I'm not sure how a reliance on automation would be a factor here. So far it sounds like he struck a major set of power lines as he was trying to put it on the highway.

I got a knot in my stomach reading the article above.  1600 feet.  Over a city. dark and engine out, equals no good options.

My condolences to the family.