US and Canada military shoot down new unidentified object

W5

28 minutes ago, Specs said:

My daughter is freaking out - She heard NORAD and thinks they might shoot down Santa by mistake.

Sooooooo you haven't explained that Santa is working up north for 2023 Christmas ,and is "grounded", reindeer on strike, Mrs. Clause is being difficult,  and the elves are going to help the troops at Disney World in Florida due to the possible upheaval by the Republican Governor ??

I think this is showing that Canada does need a fighter capable of dealing with these. Relying on the US for basic defense of our airspace leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Honestly I think the CF-101 was a better interceptor that the the CF-18 seems to be...

And maybe even rethink where they are deployed.

Some complained that it was the Americans who took down the one over Yukon, however, if one looks at the geography of dispatching fighters from Elmendorf AFB compared to Cold Lake AFB, the Canadian fighters had over 2.5 times the distance to cover before they got in the vicinity.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:01 AM, Maverick said:

I think this is showing that Canada does need a fighter capable of dealing with these. Relying on the US for basic defense of our airspace leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Honestly I think the CF-101 was a better interceptor that the the CF-18 seems to be...

This should do the trick.

Pop Guns

• Haha 1