Ygk

st27

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle

uav%201.jpg

uav%202.jpg

The Kingston Police Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) is a Canadian built Aeryon SkyRanger.

The UAV assists in our response to a variety of police applications including search for missing persons, serious/fatal traffic collision investigations, crime scene investigations, emergency response, and major incidents.  Of particular concern and focus for our community are those who are vulnerable due to age or medical and/or mental challenges.  Missing person cases are often from our vulnerable sector, and time is always the key factor for an individual’s safety in such cases.

Our UAV was selected due to its multirole capabilities for police operations and not only does it assist in a more effective and efficient response to certain incidents, it also provides an investigative platform that would otherwise require the use of standard aircraft from outside agencies.  

The Kingston Police have five members trained to operate the UAV including officers  or maybe:

Aird initially thought it could have been a drone, but when he looked on his personal radar, he said he saw “C-GMPB PC-12” the call sign of the RCMP’s Pilatus PC-12

11 hours ago, st27 said:

Night flying ultralight? But I doubt anyone would be doing this now with our recent sub-zero temps. My alternate theory is perhaps items are being dropped from a light aircraft. The St. Lawrence River has a long history of smuggling almost everything with its close proximity to upstate NY. 

53 minutes ago, st27 said:

I hope we get some details on the reason for this raid, other than national security excuse. I fear it will be a “nothing to see here folks, move along” government response.

RCMP are supposed to do a news conference today in Kingston.

Archived