Sign in to follow this  
blues deville

Memory Lane

Ahh...the famous promo BA31 photo.  I probably have one of those here somewhere.  Here’s a rare item.  These t-shirts were made up in 1993 to commerate the end of an era.  I should frame and hang this rather than leave it in a drawer....

12C4EB4F-93A8-48A0-A446-3B1EAC0296D5.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnboy said:

Probably 1977 or so. Gate 1 at YQG. Had the world by the tail or so I thought.

image412.jpg

Looks like it was parked for awhile. Both engine intakes covered. YQG wasn’t a sked destination so perhaps a sun charter weekend?

Edited by blues deville

YQG was a Nordair scheduled destination. That’s how we got ribs from the tunnel barbecue 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vanishing point said:

Ahh...the famous promo BA31 photo.  I probably have one of those here somewhere.  Here’s a rare item.  These t-shirts were made up in 1993 to commerate the end of an era.  I should frame and hang this rather than leave it in a drawer....

12C4EB4F-93A8-48A0-A446-3B1EAC0296D5.jpeg

B832155A-E626-438E-9CA6-22DD8DB80B00.jpeg

Feel'n old this evening. Lawn darts, flufs,  et al. Add in PanAm, Chq WorldWays.... Austin ... too many to think about.  "Bring me my wine"

Nice memorabilia, AAS.  I didn’t make it to 5 years with OEL.  Laid off in July ‘93 and recalled to CRA in June ‘95 on the Dash 8.  Funny how I’ve been flying the same airplanes since then with multiple different paint schemes......and all of them still on each airplane.

Awesome stuff Blues...what a terrific career you've had, you should be very proud.

Just wanted to pass this along for any PWA folks who may be attending the reunion in YVR on Aug., 12th:

PWA_Reunion.jpg

On 6/17/2018 at 7:33 PM, AAS said:

YQG was a Nordair scheduled destination. That’s how we got ribs from the tunnel barbecue 

Sorry. My mistake.

Attached photo: a pre-deregulation Regional Canadian airline route map. Some fabulous destinations!!

EEAB4C2C-B09C-4F32-8251-1B9A3BB4161E.png

Edited by blues deville