Skygreece To Canada

blues deville

Athens is a sad place.

Unless you are in the spray paint or graffiti removal business, it is apparently void of any economic activity other than over charging tourists. I fail to see any good reason why one should pay the same for a beer in Athens as one would in Paris, Amsterdam or Munich.

I was there for about 5 days a few years ago and the major sites one expects to see were continuously closed by various stat holidays layered with days off in lieu. They work the system like a rented mule. It's the poster child for what happens to society with far too much entitlement.

The various Olympic venues are crumbling with disuse and lack of maintenance. If Turkey had any brains, they'd take one look at what happened to Athens and get out of the bidding for any future games, post haste.

Stick with the Greek islands. They are far more interesting.

Athens is a sad place.

Unless you are in the spray paint or graffiti removal business, it is apparently void of any economic activity other than over charging tourists. I fail to see any good reason why one should pay the same for a beer in Athens as one would in Paris, Amsterdam or Munich.

I was there for about 5 days a few years ago and the major sites one expects to see were continuously closed by various stat holidays layered with days off in lieu. They work the system like a rented mule. It's the poster child for what happens to society with far too much entitlement.

The various Olympic venues are crumbling with disuse and lack of maintenance. If Turkey had any brains, they'd take one look at what happened to Athens and get out of the bidding for any future games, post haste.

Stick with the Greek islands. They are far more interesting.

Forget Turkey! Boston is cruisin' for a bruisin' with its 2024 Olympics bid. Way too small for an event like this, and the politicians haven't exactly been transparent with the bid details.

Archived