Anyone Know If..................

.....................any airline had damage to their horizontal stabilizer lately........or is this normal transport.

Was on the 401 yesterday and a flatbed went by, (heading eastbound just prior to Kingston), with a gigantic horizontal stab tilted up with pilot trucks in front and behind. The stab was cover with blue plastic so could not see the actual color of the piece.

These are Global Express tail assemblies heading to Downsview. you can also see wing and centre sections moving from Mississauga to Downsview via the 401. Mitsubishi pre-fits the wings to the centre section in Mississauga before sending them to downsview for final assembly. Stabilizers can take several routes to downsview depending on the port of entry.

If you saw them heading east on the 401 in Kingston, they were probably heading for the Bombardier plant in Dorval. More than likely Challenger wings (605 or 300/350). Not sure where they are made in the GTA but I have seen them heading for Montreal on a semi-regular basis. When they are delivered, they are placed outside the plant in YUL next to runway 06R/24L until they are ready to pair them to the fuselage.

If you saw them heading east on the 401 in Kingston, they were probably heading for the Bombardier plant in Dorval. More than likely Challenger wings (605 or 300/350). Not sure where they are made in the GTA but I have seen them heading for Montreal on a semi-regular basis. When they are delivered, they are placed outside the plant in YUL next to runway 06R/24L until they are ready to pair them to the fuselage.

Ok............. Thanks ..............I would assume it was the horizontal stab for a new aircraft then.............. and in Montreal.

Archived