Two Orcas Caught For Display In A Dolphinarium At The Sochi Winter Olympics!

Mitch Cronin

Please allow me to explain....

If the "but" is what you meant, it gives the impression that you may think a focus on whales - or perhaps these whales? - is unworthy without including other species of captives in the complaint?...

Whereas... if you had used the "and", I wouldn't have taken your meaning that way at all.

No "fight" intended Malcolm, just clarity of understanding.

Signed. Thanks Mitch. I was in Keflavik years ago when FreeWilly was brought "home". I believe he died when released to the real Waterworld...

No animal should be kept like that. Anywhere. Unless in a refuge, of which Africa has many but not enough...and there's no such thing in the oceans...

Everything has to start somewhere Malcolm. If everyone thought they'd better not try to correct this thing because all of those things are wrong too, nothing would ever get fixed. In the particular circumstance of these whales, they were nabbed relatively recently, specifically for these olympics. Being that it's such a big visibility event, there just might be a chance of correcting this particular wrong.... if enough people get excited about it.... - good people don't just stand and watch when wrong happens right in front of their face.

Imagine if enough pressure could be put on these brutes that they'd do what's right for the whales.... That would have to be a global high profile event.... and who knows?... Maybe with that kind of attention being put on the issue, Japan might choose to rethink their whale slaughter habits?

I'm not ignoring anything that I care about.... there's just not enough space on your computer to list it all.

Everything has to start somewhere Malcolm. If everyone thought they'd better not try to correct this thing because all of those things are wrong too, nothing would ever get fixed. In the particular circumstance of these whales, they were nabbed relatively recently, specifically for these olympics. Being that it's such a big visibility event, there just might be a chance of correcting this particular wrong.... if enough people get excited about it.... - good people don't just stand and watch when wrong happens right in front of their face.

Imagine if enough pressure could be put on these brutes that they'd do what's right for the whales.... That would have to be a global high profile event.... and who knows?... Maybe with that kind of attention being put on the issue, Japan might choose to rethink their whale slaughter habits?

I'm not ignoring anything that I care about.... there's just not enough space on your computer to list it all.

Y'know?....I hope this is the most significant thing to complain about during these Olympics. Such a fantastic venue on the Black Sea, but in such a volatile part of the New Russian Federation...

Archived