Cabin Interiors

blues deville

for a 737 looks ok to me. Now if the view had been aft. :Grin-Nod:

Well I know Boeing completed some lengthy studies in cabin interiors and passenger comforts preparing for the 787, but this looks pretty bland. I suppose white walls and overhead bins gives a sense of more elbow room but to me it lacks something. Even WS adds a blue/green stripe along the bins for color.

I was on an AC 777 a few years back, in Business. The ambient lighting was blue/green/yellow changing continuously. It was the most ANNOYING cabin lighting I'd ever experienced. I needed to put the blinders on even though I was wide awake.

Just because a form of lighting is "cute" doesn't mean it's effective, cute or good.

That lighting is actually taken from light therapy. Its intended purpose is to trick your body into running through a circdian cycle t an increased rate to reduce Jetlag Boeing did some Major Studies on it.

That lighting is actually taken from light therapy. Its intended purpose is to trick your body into running through a circdian cycle t an increased rate to reduce Jetlag Boeing did some Major Studies on it.

I'm sure Boeing has spent a fortune researching this stuff, but wouldn't you have to somehow stay awake to watch the lights do their thing?

My monthly trips can average 14-17 time zones each. When not on duty it's ear plugs and an eye mask.....and I'm out. And then the big light in the sky really helps to bring you back.

Guest rozar s'macco

Don't have the science to back it up but my opinion is to not overthink it. Have the FA's bright/dim/off the cabin lights based on destination local time and let the passengers go from there.

Don't have the science to back it up but my opinion is to not overthink it. Have the FA's bright/dim/off the cabin lights based on destination local time and let the passengers go from there.

and never permit cell phone use, don't sing along to your iPod, muzzle chatty pointed elbow row mates, ban "church" meetings and "social time" mid-Atlantic for those booked beyond LHR that use bulkhead row space to congregate in the footroom I paid for, if you requested a special meal be in the seat assigned so that all can have stellar service, the aisle is not a playground, sit down strap in and ... sorry for that but the white 73 don't look bad.

My wife's last flight to meet me in SFO included a lengthy amount of turbulence enroute. Once the seat belt sign was finally turned off there was a huge line for both rear lavs. For some reason almost every person standing next to her aisle seat insisted on holding onto the seat back in front of her covering the flat screen tv.

What is up with travellers today?

My wife's last flight to meet me in SFO included a lengthy amount of turbulence enroute. Once the seat belt sign was finally turned off there was a huge line for both rear lavs. For some reason almost every person standing next to her aisle seat insisted on holding onto the seat back in front of her covering the flat screen tv.

What is up with travellers today?

They didn't want to fall down in an unannounced turbulence event? I cannot understand why virtually all aircraft manufacturers refuse to install grasping devices for passengers not seated. You see them on buses, trains and other modes of travel where seating is not always available, yet not aircraft. One group of cabin travellers that would really like to see something like that is the Flight Attendant.

Getting back to the light-therapy talk about the colour modulation of cabin lighting - I don't need the therapy (my opinion, granted); I don't want the therapy.

Under bin integrated hand holds have been part of Airbus cabin design for years. At least since AC started operating the single aisle fleet in the 90's. This was part of the level 3 course content when I attended in 1990.

From the AB website

As part of the A320 Family’s continuous improvement, an enhanced cabin is available on new-production aircraft and for retrofit. By making the best use of latest technologies – along with materials and design – the new cabin provides more shoulder-level room for passengers, reduces interior noise, opens up 10 per cent greater stowage volume for overhead baggage, and creates a modern, fresh ambience using LED lighting. As an added bonus, the cabin offers a reduction in weight from previous-generation interiors. Other features are continuous grip rails in the overhead stowage bins with enlarged seat row indicators that allow passengers to more easily identify their seats, and a new-look Passenger Service Unit (PSU) that is slimmer, with easier to use controls, and LED reading lights.

Archived