Missing Members ...and Questions From A Drifting Mind...

Occasionally, sadly, we hear of someone in the aviation community who's managed to slip the surly bonds of Earth in what seems to us like a rather final manner.... In each instance, I find I want to ask, "Was he a member here?"

I am sorry if that's a rude question, but I do always want to ask that.... If, for instance, Les was a contributor here, using a pseudonym, those who only knew him by that pen-name, and may have even cared for him, in some - yet to be labelled - online friendship sort of way.... would probably like to know the reason for his disappearance. yeah?

There have been oodles of folks who once posted here somewhat frequently, who have vanished over time. I'm sure the vast majority have just decided they'd rather move on, and probably others have just changed identities, but I do often wonder....

Being a fellow who often seems to have some loose screws in his noggin, in comparison to the rest of humanity, I recognize such a query might be considered offside by some.... and if so, I do hope you'll forgive my ignorance, but I really would like to know if any of you are familiar with any of the "names" we've known in the past, who are gone?

(...and if this is an "offside" inquiry, can someone explain that to me? ...via PM if necessary?)

Thanks. :red_smile:

The digital era adds a new complexity to the human test of dealing with death. Loved ones once may have memorialized the departed with private rituals and a notice in the newspaper. Today, as family and friends gather publicly to write and share photos online, the obituary may never be complete.

Life and Death Online: Who Controls a Digital Legacy?

If you want to do a quick search of the PWA Reunion site ( just google that ) you'll open up a page with history etc plus, click on passages. Our webmaster get e-mails from many, many of our past staff on updates and passings of former employees. There a lot of pilots who I worked with in those "passages". Maybe you know some of them. :biggrin1:

Archived