A Great Read

Kip Powick

Received an autographed copy of "Russ Graham's" novel entitled 'DEADLY DIVERSIONS' today.

You may be aware that "Russ" is an ex-member of the Canadian Forces, (RCAF), and retired Air Canada pilot and as such his novels tend to be more "real' with respect to aviation versus authors who scribe novels about the industry and have seldom set foot in the flight deck.

You can read about "Russ" and his book, where you can get it, etc., at this link

Russ is here

His second novel should be out very soon..

Enjoy !!

Hey Kip,

I got this book as a Christmas present two (or three?) years ago after someone mentioned it on this forum. Perhaps that someone was you?

Anyway, what is the occasion for getting a personally signed copy? Did Russ owe you a favor?

Hey Kip,

I got this book as a Christmas present two (or three?) years ago after someone mentioned it on this forum. Perhaps that someone was you?

Anyway, what is the occasion for getting a personally signed copy? Did Russ owe you a favor?

Hi John,

Yeh, that thread a few years ago was initiated by me. The book I rec'd today was the FINAL corrected copy. I have an original one here and although I can't remember any specific errors in it, ...I guess there were some

Anyhow, Russ sent me this copy in appreciation for getting his book out there...... on this forum............... with respect to the thread a couple of years ago.biggrin1.gif

((His new novel is in the process of being proof read by some 'educators' and will be out soon .... I'm looking forward to it))

The original version did require some minor corrections to spelling and grammar. Nothing that would interfere with the gist of the story, just some polishing. It's tough to catch everything when you're into over 400 pages.

Hi John,

Yeh, that thread a few years ago was initiated by me. The book I rec'd today was the FINAL corrected copy. I have an original one here and although I can't remember any specific errors in it, ...I guess there were some

Anyhow, Russ sent me this copy in appreciation for getting his book out there...... on this forum............... with respect to the thread a couple of years ago.biggrin1.gif

((His new novel is in the process of being proof read by some 'educators' and will be out soon .... I'm looking forward to it))

Better not let the moderators catch you advertizing for profit on this site :whistling:

Better not let the moderators catch you advertizing for profit on this site whistling.gif

Good point Brett, but I think that perhaps in this case it is a bit of a "grey" area. Personally I think I have just recommended a good aviation book by posting a link ,albeit the author is an AC retiree.

I was trying to rationalize my thoughts by comparing a "grey" area when a WJer or ACer posts about a seat sale and perhaps includes a link. In both cases I think it is merely information relative to the theme of this forum...aviation, (for the most part)rolleyes.gif

However I am more than willing to abide by the modertators decree.Clever.gif

What the "best" way to buy a copy? (By "best" I mean the way that gives the author the most profit for the least effort)

When it was first published, Russ mailed me a copy, and I mailed him a cheque. Dunno if that still works for him, why not send him a email and ask?

Archived