Fedex shipping routes?

I've been watching intently for the delivery of my new Mac... so far it's gone like this:

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location

Date/Time Activity Location Details

Mar 23, 2010 5:24 AM In transit CALGARY, AB Paperwork available for non-FedEx broker

Mar 23, 2010 3:58 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN

Mar 23, 2010 3:51 AM Departed MEMPHIS, TN

Mar 23, 2010 12:22 AM Arrived at FedEx MEMPHIS, TN

Mar 22, 2010 5:16 PM Left FedEx origin ELK GROVE, CA

Mar 22, 2010 12:59 PM Picked up RANCHO CORDOVA, CA

WTF? Calgary? Should I be calling someone to let-em know they took a wrong turn at Albequrky? :Scratch-Head:

My Ipod Touch went from some small city in china to shanghai to anchorage to indianna to memphis to mississaug to memphis to mississauga and I picked it up. took 3 days.

Next move for it should be Calgary to mississauga via morningstar. Calgary was its first point of entry. no idea why it wouldnt go from Memphis to Mississauga though. Perhaps loads.

Enjoy the Mac

Sorry Mitch, I just wanted to check it out before you did. wink_smile.gif

Seriously though YYC is a Fedex Major Hub

So is YYZ.... :unsure:

I dunno, but I reckon it went to YYC by mistake.... Can't see any reason for that when they have at least a once daily from Memphis to Toronto? :mellow:

Why'd they go and send my damned computer to Calgary!!!? They're gonna wait til my holidays are over to get it to me, aren't they? .... sigh.....

Is CBSA or the Fedex brokers in YYZ jammed up with a large backlog right now? If either are jammed and yet YYC has availability, it worth Fedex time to go through YYC. I have had soem shipments get tied up to 2-3 days at CBSA due to lack of staff for the immediate workload.

FedEx routes packages based on load-balancing and service levels, if they are strained for capacity they will route a package through a less direct route if the service level allows for it. This can lead to some really strange routes and lost packages.

Mar 23, 2010 5:24 AM In transit CALGARY, AB Paperwork available for non-FedEx broker

You may want to check to see if you have to supply the broker for this shipment, it has happened to me a couple times when ordering direct from the US (Fedex will clear the item for a fee)

All's well... here's what I read now:

Mar 24, 2010 9:45 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery SCARBOROUGH, ON

Mar 24, 2010 8:45 AM At local FedEx facility SCARBOROUGH, ON

Mar 24, 2010 2:27 AM At dest sort facility MISSISSAUGA, ON

I think Super80 and/or Better4me might be right.

Archived