How does this Story End?

rudder

Guest bigdig

''it would only take days to add widebodies to their OC (TC would be only too happy to approve it''

That is the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Guest Virtual

I guess I thought I was the voice of reason. Obviously a mistake. To me it seemed 'rational' that if someone were to own several business, they would at least do business with each other - thereby benefiting each and every one of them ..... but not to the exclusion of other businesses, naturally. In fact, I know several people who specificially do this .... but on a much smaller scale than Mr. Li, of course. I'll have to let them know that it's not 'rational' so they can correct these apparent bad business decisions. (And they seemed to be doing so well, too.)

Why wouldn't it???

Jazz could adopt the AC ops manual,SOPs and MEL etc... (they've already been approved) The one thing that would take the most time is the ETOPS approval,

ACTS already has the maintenance approvals and staff, tooling etc...

Like I said it would be more complicated,(and highly unlikely) but doable, No?

Guest M. McRae

The remark was that AC could close it's doors and start up tomorrow as AC new.

Jazz and ACTs are sep. from AC in my opinion and I agree with you there, except for the part of the ease of adding widebodies. Couple of months at the very least for manuals etc. etc.

I found Virtual's comments quite reasonable. If Husky isn't selling gas to AC now then anything they sell to them in the future at the going rate (assuming that rate is profitable) is a winner.

It would therefore offset any losses (for the Li's) that AC might suffer.

Or am I not understanding the situation?

neo

If Husky was not able to sell all of their gas, then it would be a winner by now getting rid of excess inventory.

But, we need to know if they are having trouble selling all of their Jet fuel now. Or, if they even make Jet fuel.

Well, those are very good points.

I don't know exactly how it all fits in reality, but I have to admit: on the surface, owning an oil refinery along with an airline says "Yes!" to me.

neo

Guest bigdig

I don't know where my brain was..... i completely misinterpreted your post. I couldn't have been more out to lunch and i'm sorry, especially for coming across so arrogant.

I'll blame it on the fatigue factor and a couple of pints.

You're right about starting over with a new AC, as for the manuals etc... why couldn't Jazz just take AC's manuals and with a few minor changes present them to TC for approval?? wouldn't TC be under at least a little pressure to ensure the approvals were granted in a timely fashion?? ETOPS would be the biggest hurdle.

Again unlikely, but plausible, no??

The more I think about it, the more I realize that JAZZ wouldn't be able to keep operating without AC because so much of it's infrastructure has been absorbed by AC, they would require, reservations, marketing, payroll and all the other services they currently contract out to AC, so while JAZZ is a separate company it's not "Stand alone"

Brett

Guest Virtual

Thanks. I'm just relieved to find out that it was something you were drinking and not what I was. For a minute I was afraid that I might have to stop! :)

How about...

AC tanks...Jazz is put under the direction of the court...the feds support the proposal due to the service to smaller communities issue and the missing pieces remain operational while Jazz sets up its own marketing, payroll, etc...

Not really a big deal and all could be accomplished in a couple of months.

Archived