Farley to AC, WJ, GTAA - work it out!

dagger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving WestJet access to the new terminal ``will not only negatively impact Air Canada's customers, but will result in an excess of C$64 million per year in lost passenger revenue and increased costs to Air Canada,''

Funny how "Tango" took up residence in Terminal 3 when Westjet showed up in town. And we all know how successful that was.

I am looking forward to working out of the new terminal, hopefully AC won't come through to screw things up for us.

Guest Landlocked Newf

Would love to be a fly on the wall for that discussion.

You get out!!!

No, you!!!

We were here first!!

Too bad, he invited us!!

Well we are not staying if they're here.

Fine.

Fine.

(Everyone puts on their best "I just lost my dog look")

Expecting the GTAA, AC and WS to sit down and work out a "bona fide business arrangement" that will satisfy all parties involved prior to WS's planned arrival in April will be problematic at best. Especially considering other pressing deadlines for atleast one group involved.

Good Luck to all!

Giving WestJet access to the new terminal ``will not only negatively impact Air Canada's customers, but will result in an excess of C$64 million per year in lost passenger revenue and increased costs to Air Canada,'' according to an Air Canada V.P.

Funny how "Tango" took up residence in Terminal 3 when Westjet showed up in town. And we all know how successful that was.

I am looking forward to working out of the new terminal, hopefully AC won't come through to screw things up for us.

Hey, when Westjet started it's Toronto operations, low and behold, "Tango" showed up in Terminal 3. Pretty much a disaster for AC.

Anyways, Westjet is pretty good at what they do.

Looking forward to working out of the new terminal.

Hey, when Westjet started it's Toronto operations, low and behold, "Tango" showed up in Terminal 3. It was pretty much a disaster for AC. And those guys probably got bonuses for their plans.

Westjet's move to the new terminal is a good "business" decision, don't you think? I do.

I am looking forward to working out of the new terminal.

What does WJ have to negotiate? Their deal is done on TNew. The move in date is in April. It's a common use facility. Nobody ever said AC was going to have a monopoly on the facility.

AC wants a monopoly on TNew because they are petrified what could happen to their passengers with full fare, refundable tickets when flight after Rapidair flight is cancelled and consolidated.

Rapidair has never had to deal with this before because few people would be mad enough to go outside, move their vehicle from parkade to parkade or climb on the shuttle and go to T Old or T3 to fly Canadian.

Now, all they have to do is walk 20 yards to see a smiling WJ customer service agent, buy a cheap seat, fly in a brand new -700, with leather interiors, more legroom, more baggage room, the best customer service in Canada, airmiles, the largest loyalty program in Canada and 24 channels of live TV and be on their way.

AC is afraid of the competition. They don't want to have to compete on this level because everyone knows their product is awful, and only getting worse.

This issue has everything to do with AC's fear of competing head to head with WJ at their hub, and nothing to do with anything else.

If AC's product is so good, and WJ's so poor, they should welcome WJ into T New terminal and see it as an opportunity to recapture all those people who have left AC in droves to fly more efficient, customer focused airlines.

Guest anotherdx

I could not have summed it up better myself. How many people have said "That's the last time I fly Air Canada" lately? Just imagine how easy it will be to vote with your feet and walk to the next gate?

Guest anotherdx

Well said Simcoe! How often have people said "That's the last time I fly Air Canada" lately? It will be very easy for these people to vote with their feet and walk to the next gate and be helped by a happy WestJet employee.

Air Canada originally planned to use only eight of the new terminal's 14 gates with passenger-loading bridges, said Joseph Steiner, an attorney for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, which runs Pearson.

Steiner testified that the agency received a revised flight schedule making use of all 14 gates only after Calin Rovinescu, an Air Canada executive, learned that WestJet had inquired about using the six free gates. Air Canada's new plan boosted the number of flights by 8 percent and ensured the airline would meet capacity requirements for all 14 gates, Steiner said.

``Air Canada's revised schedule was a response to WestJet's expansion of service,'' Steiner said in court.

"I could care less about the domestic market". Sure Robert, whatever you say.

Guest eiskitteam

That's exactly what I was going to say. My wife was flying WJ out of YHM since it was slightly closer and less hassle than Pearson. After 2 delayed flights, one cancelled flight and a missed meeting, she doesn't take westjet anymore. She could care less about the TV or the leather interior, she needs to arrive at destination on time. This obviously isn't indicative of Westjet's OTP, but it happened to a her, and it happens to AC passengers as well.

You can count on being blamed for turbulence, the weather, runway lineup delays, parking garage problems, firm landings and one my all time favourites..."customs and immigration". It's always followed by the classic "I'm never going to fly ****** again.

You can count on being blamed for turbulence, the weather, runway lineup delays, parking garage problems, firm landings and one my all time favourites..."customs and immigration". It's always followed by the classic "I'm never going to fly ****** again.

You can count on being blamed for turbulence, the weather, runway lineup delays, parking garage problems, firm landings and one my all time favourites..."customs and immigration". It's always followed by the classic "I'm never going to fly ****** again".

Awright, ya can toss all that out as stuff it's silly to be being blamed for.... except, "firm landings"!

Listen mister if you can't let the lady down nice and gently with them two hands yer mother gave you, the least ya can do is take the heat for it. If you plant it, and the folks in the back say "ouch", you done a $#itty landing .... or at least, not a nice one. (unless, of course there's good reason for the folks in the back to simply be glad they're not upside down, or worse)

Or so it seems to me anyway.... sitting where I sit.

Try and explain to pax why you deliberately did a firm landing on a wet slippery runway .... you can't.....I remember years ago one surly pax telling me that Lufthansa always did smooth landings and for that reason alone he would never fly with us again....

Archived