Farley to AC, WJ, GTAA - work it out!

dagger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest directlaw

It has been evident from Farley's actions since last spring that his first reaction is almost always " try and figure it out your self". Failing that he will decide.

Sorry for misunderstanding your comments. "she doesn't take westjet anymore. She could care less about the TV or the leather interior, she needs to arrive at destination on time". The term "outsiders" was meant for those not directly in contact with the aviation/travel industry. I certainly hope your wife will give WS another shot out of YYZ. 6 daily YYZYUL flights should be more attractive than 3 YHMYUL.

If you are asking about the reasoning go talk to someone who has ever been burned by an isolvent company. Once bitten twice shy. AC is not gaurenteed to come out of CCAA. Most would agree it probably will. Once it does there is no gaurentee it will ever make money. Right now AC uses most gates as a parking stall. You can park in the infield, you don't need a gate for that.

Clearly the trend is for AC to do less domestic not more. Others are expanding and need the gates more.

Guest M. McRae

"AirCanada maintained or incresed capacity on Westjet's routes" Hmmmmmm ownership this early????? And here I thought the country was operating under "open Sky policy" :)

Your comments are bang on the money, Rob. AC can make all the commitments to spend money it wants, as long as the court approves them. This has the added benefit for suppliers, leasors, etc, because they know that the court has backed the expenditure.

AC has paid hundreds of millions of dollars to suppliers, leasors, creditors, pension funds, etc, during CCAA. All approved by the court and Justice Farley.

Not anymore of a split operation, but still a split operation.

The GTAA are twisting in the wind trying to justify their actions.

By the way, why not Westjet checkin at T-New and gate their aircraft at T3? Since checkin space is supposedly the only problem at T3 (now that CAIL, C3, Tango have all vacated the checkin hall). They could bus their passengers from one part of the airport to another.

Then GTAA could say that Westjet does not have a split operation either.

"Howewever, AC is losing domestic market share and should continue to do so for the forseeable future."

Well you may be right but it would appear that who ever is putting up the money for the Embraer/RJ purchase does'nt see it that way. Might be prudent to find out what they know before writing them off. It is an awful lot of money.

Whoever is putting up the money is putting up words right now. Until the pilot groups fight it out for who flies it and AC comes out of CCAA there are no RJ's or EMB's. They EMB's won't be comming for a few years yet so they don't figure into the near future. Besides the low costs are getting their 100 seaters as well and can run then a lot cheaper than AC can. Besides the guys putting up the money are going to buy airplanes anyways and they will a pot full of money for signing the deals and financing the project. The 'deal ' is the thing for them, not what happens to plane after. If AC doesn't pay it's bills they'll take em back lease them to someone else.

"Quite the contrary in fact... I got my hands dirty on their airplanes enough to know for sure. Some of the saddest old birds I've ever touched."

I was but a humble ramp rat at that time and I was afraid to load them ;-)

Archived