Todays Stupid Question

Kip Powick

...arghhh. So what's left when the beast get's out of the atmosphere is no longer the Saturn 5 Eh?... k....

Then surely the answer depends where the calculation begins... I see Elfric's says he's heard the answer is 5 inches per gallon... but wouldn't that have to depend how much has already burned, at what altitude, and at what velocity the rocket's already traveling?

...arghhh. So what's left when the beast get's out of the atmosphere is no longer the Saturn 5 Eh?... k....

Then surely the answer depends where the calculation begins... I see Elfric says he's heard the answer is 5 inches per gallon... but wouldn't that have to depend how much has already burned (weight), at what altitude, and at what velocity the rocket's already traveling?

Maybe that's why Kip called it a stupid question? :S

Kip,

I haven't read all the responses so your question may have already been answered but I believe it would be about 5 inches per gallon.

It's good they don't supply rocket fuel at the airport... imagine mixing that up by mistake. Bet that would make you spill your coffee.

Guest Touchdown

I'd love to help, but mines still in the water...Yikes....Waiting for me to do an oil change and engine winterization.....

Yankin' her Thursday.....:(

Ah well.....It just means we're closer to next season.....

And as far as polishing next spring....errrrr, I think I'm working on that day...Ya that's it !

Cheers Touchdown

Archived