Porter plans to file amended prospectus today

rudder

Apparently not.....no Porter docs filed on SEDAR yesterday. Q1 results to remain a secret.

Interesting.

The preliminary prospectus was filed on a Friday April 16th and was available on SEDAR by early Saturday morning on the 17th.

They advised prospective investors that an updated prospectus was to be filed Friday May 21st so, presumably, it should be on SEDAR now.

This leads to 2 conclusions.

1. They didn't file on Friday. That's not good for already strained credibility with investment community. When you say you are going to do something, you better do it. The needle on the Ignorometer is already dangerously in the red.

2. SEDAR is on holiday all weekend. It's a possibility, but I doubt it given the posting timelines on April 16th.

If they pull the IPO, I'm sure we'll hear a delightful spin. However, current market conditions would not meaningfully impact an IPO of a company with a history of serious earnings, big operating margins and big growth prospects that will translate into big EPS.

Porter has none of these characteristics in it's current configuration.

We know MD2 is lurking here.

Perhaps our future gazillionaire can fill us in on goings-on from Porter IPO Control.

:cool:

Final Propsectus is now on SEDAR.

Their operating margin including interest as an expense places them squarely, and quite handily, as the worst performing airline in North America in 1Q 2010.

For the record, that margin is -16.11%. As I recall, the next worst was AMR at -10%.

I wonder what part of "this business plan makes no sense" don't they understand?

:cool:

People are gullible but almost nobody is gullible enough to buy this. It's a pig in a poke and if you listen closely you can hear faint "meows". My belief is that they're frantically try to come up with some sort of spin to explain the inevitable cancelation of the IPO.

Archived