decision , made by a panel of Vice-Chairs and written by CIRB Vice-Chair

Pineau denies, for the most part, ALPA's attempt to overturn Decision 236,

the decision that granted a review of the Keller award. It confirms the

legitimacy of the now-ended MEC process. More importantly, it confirms that

the review of the Keller award will proceed, and will be turned over to a

tri-partite (3-member) panel of the CIRB. It will be up to that panel to

decide all issues of jurisdiction, procedure and substance regarding its

review.

. . . . it confirms that the review of the Keller award will proceed, and will be turned over to a tri-partite (3-member) panel of the CIRB.

Hoo boy, that sounds like about ten months at the minimum.

LOLOL....you guys blow me away sometimes.....how easy it is to forget that the first award, MITCHNIK was final & binding as well. Its all fair in love & war when the Canadian guys whine like little pusssies,,,,,but lo & behold.......the skies fall in when an Air Canada pilot says something......Talk about a double standard !!!!

I had this huge response all typed out about two parties trying their best, unable to agree, shaking hands like gentlemen should, agreeing to abide by an arbitrators award, relying on another man's word, pride in ones efferts, etc, etc,.... then thought....wtf does it matter ?

This has been debated for close to 3 years now, and nothing that you or I or anyone else can type will change anything.

IMO, this utterly stupid seniority fight was the beginning of the end for the Piloting profession in Canada as any of us now know it to be. We became Miltons dream come true and he took full advantage of every opportunity playing us off against each other. We STILL haven't learned a dam thing as he now does the same thing between the mainline and Jazz and we continue to fall for it. Hats off to Milton for a job well done.

At the end of the day, no matter what the final outcome will be, a giant wedge has been driven down the middle of the present Air Canada group. There will be no winners in this argument, only losers.

The only cure will occur when about 3000 of us retire in about 20 odd years and a new generation of Air Canada pilots slowly take over the mess we left them with.

Now that.... that honest expression of exasperation... can be the foundation for the gentlemen to stand upon and shake hands, and agree to shake hands again after all the legal eagles have done their thing, and accept the result as the best each could do for their own interests, with nothing taken personally.

And you know what... We've seen that here before. That same expression. And in fact, I've seen some of these gentlemen stand there and shake hands on that. The rest of you will either follow suit, or torture yourselves with notions of what could've-should've happened, and gain nothing.

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

You argued over Mitchnick... you argued either for or against a review of that award... Then came Lordon and you argued some more... then Keller... and now again a review. It's happening as it can. The result will come. You'll wake up to fly another day. Your reprentatives and your lawyers will have done the best they could.

Enjoy your time. Life is too short. :)

Mitch

Guest Kilo Mike

Actually no it isn't.

Lordon stated in the packed courtroom that the protocol agree'd upon didn't abdicate the Board's jurisdiction of reviewing the end result if the Board felt the result was flawed. Hence the judicial review and the pending round three attempt of " you screwed me, so I'll screw you ".

Quite the farce if you ask me. I've come to the conclusion that binding only applies if every party agrees to it being so....AFTER THE FACT.

Respectfully

KM

Archived