what's your opinion of this???

Guest CYYR

I think he was referring to the goose on the tail... :S

One thing about the colour is that any snow on the wings should show up from a mile away :D

Brett

Looks like it hase come full circle. For others who may not know: LabAir used to fly this DH8 out of YYR until, I believe, 1999 or so. It was grey at that time. LabAir got rid of it and it showed up in YYR a month or so later as an Air Nova a/c, paint job and all. It would seem that it is back in the LabAir family. Ugly paint job though.

I am so happy that there are more users of this board than Mitch Cronin or as most would say (Mitch CROW-ING ). At least some of you got to the point with your comments on the machine, its colour, where it's been and what it represents. Man the world is full of (you fill in the blank ).

CYYR

I am happy that some of you here on the board gave me your opinion of the colour and some info on the machine itself. This machine will be part of a fleet of ? before too long, stay tuned.

Considering the User Profile (foolishly infatuated with things that fly)I have to say it is very dificult to finish this post without saying how surprised I am with the very curt post by Mitch Crow-in. Mitch it is very easy to seperate the men from the boys on this site.

CYYR

CYYR

Guest Chockhead

I've seen this aircraft on the ramp, the paint job looks better in the flesh. Their B1900d's are painted the same livery. Must be one of the few airlines in Canada with expansion plans.

I'm afraid you read that wrong Mr. CYYR... I meant no harm... I'm somewhat puzzled by your two instances of bringing this aircraft to our attention, with no indication of your interest attached? And I'm eager to hear your story.

Are you simply a proud employee? Or, proud of the paint job? ...Or what?

That's all. I'm wary of people who have hidden agenda's, and this site has seen the occasional fisherman trying to advertise without paying our hosts, or directing traffic for personal gain.

"Curt" "separate the men from the boys"? All I said was that it's a blue weed whacker...?

As a single flying machine, taken for what it is, it's an example of a fine little work horse, airplane... However, in the environment where I work, they're noisy little beasts, clumsily flailing their paddles and assaulting my ears. Don't take that personally.

If you'll offer me the courtesy of some explanation of your interest, I'll happily forgive your attempt at insult.

Since you have come back with a reply and clarification of your comments so promptly I will respond without delay.

I am not fishing for advertising here at all but I thank you for looking after the best interest of the site. I have posted this as I know that a large numbers of posters here have flown this machine in the Air Nova world and only a few weeks ago some posters here asked what the Dash 8 machines were doing on the ramp at AVMAX in YYC and where they were headed. The answers in effect were shown in the post I have made. The first post was the machine in YYC and most recent was here in Atlantic Canada specifly YYT home of the great company.

As for my interest, this machine is now owned by one of the oldest successful Aviation Companies in Canada, a company that I am apart of in a very small way. This same company produced some of the founding crews at Air Nova. That's a history that most in Canadain Aviation are aware of and needless to say very proud of.

Thanks again!! To you the best!!

CYYR

Seeker,

It's like the guy and his little sister... He can insult her all he like's, but if someone else did, lookout! If I ever found myself in a bar someplace out of Canada, hearing someone slander our machines, even the ugly ones, I'd defend 'em as heartily as sobriety permitted, or lack thereof encouraged... :D

Guest Banana Wind

That aircraft was originally delivered to Air Atlantic in 88 or 89 where it stayed until 9A closed its doors in 98. It spent very little time at Air Nova if I'm not mistaken. It was the 3d or 4th of 15 in 9a's fleet. One of the better ones as well.

BW

Guest Chockhead

After the demise of Air Atlantic, AAN was operated by Air Lab from 1996? til 1999. Since then it was leased by Jazz but returned to its owner about a year ago. Looks like Air Lab has picked her up again to use on the Rock.

Chockhead

Guest TBird One

AAN left 9A in May of '95 after the bankruptcy restructuring. I did the ferry flight from YYT-YQM-YTS-YWG-YYC to deliver her to Field for her retrofit. It was a fun, long flight, but a rather melacholoy moment as well...

I can't remember when she came back out east for her first stint at Lab Air, I think she may have done a short stint at CRA prior to the return to the rock. It was a good bird. Probably still is.

Tom

Archived