Easyet 737

Guest The Clumsy Lover

Yes it was a good job to bring her home safely.

But what were they doing flying into a thunderstorm anyway? If I were a passenger I would certainly be &%$@! and want some answers of the flight crew.

Accidents can happen but, was the radar even turned on, what kind of training system does EJ have, does EJ have a "you'll go or we'll get someone who will" attitude and is pilot competance in question?

Guest The Clumsy Lover

Easy to be an armchair quarterback when you weren't there. I highly doubt that they flew directly into the cell... Perhaps they were IMC while diverting around the cell and ran into the hail... who knows... Like Defcon says.. S@*t happens... Lots of variables... Bottom line the crew got her down safely under some very stressful conditions.

There was a saying that I saw a few years ago.. more so applies to an incident but also relates to this..

We should all bear one thing in mind when we talk about a crew had an incident.

They called upon the sum of all their knowledge and made a decision. They believed in it so strongly that they bet their lives on it.

That they were mistaken is a tradgedy, not stupidity. Every supervisor and contemporary who ever spoke to them had an opportunity to influence their judgemnet.

.... so a little bit of us all goes with every incident.

CRM

Clumsy

Excellent reply! As side note: I wonder what speed they were at when they encountered the hail ( not implying anything, just trying to see what does what ) and Holy Sh#T! I bet the sound was deafening!!!

That's TWICE in a month for someone over here being caught in a hail bombardment. An A320 was pretty well written off here not that long ago - same story. Unwitting participants in a hail of hail.

Without offending sensibilities, there's no excuse for this. Loss of the ship under these conditions is a very real possibility.

Guest MikePapaKilo

There are also a series of pictures of two USAF T-38's that met the same fate. Severe damage to both aerodynes.

The 320 was a 321, and it is back in service,only cosmetic dammage found after inspection, on another note is there a web site which covers radar interpitation?

Guest Rob Assaf

"Wet" hail would have a great radar attenuation, "dry" hail would be virtually invisible on radar.

Please, not to be throwing rocks at glass cockpits.

Archived