thanks for the ride!

Guest Rob Assaf

Guest Rob Assaf

Many thanks to the AC pilots for the jumpseat from a gratefull Jazz pilot going from YVR to YYZ on the afternoon of Sat Aug 02. If I can't return the favour to you personally I will continue to "pay it forward" to your colleagues as I have always done in the past.

Hope the BBQ didn't get rained out Capt!

Cheers, Rob

Nice post Rob. I would like to thank the number of JAZZ crews that have welcomed me in their jump seat while commuting between YYJ and YVR.

Aside from getting the ride it is really a treat to sit in the jump seat at 3000 ft after sitting for 10 or more hours at thirty something thousand.

Cheers

Greg Robinson

Guest bcpilot

3000 ft!! what were they doing up so high!!! :) YYJ - YVR is a beautiful run at 1500 ft VFR.. Just gotta watch for everyone else out there enjoying the view! :)

Isn't Mt. Tuam in the way of the approach to one of the runways there? (NW corner of Salt Spring) There's a couple wrecks up there. I'd heard that was the reason... I was living there when an RCMP pilot tried to take the top off, but the mountain won. (they removed that wreckage, no doubt because of some secret mission?)

Rob,

The guys at AC were good to me as well on my 5 month commute last year to Halifax from Vancouver while my house was being built. I've had the opportunity of reciprocating since I've been based in YHZ and I hope one day that those that don't reciprocate can put their BAGGAGE behind them. We're doing alot more YHZ-YYZ flying now on the Polish B-52 and there are lots of mainliners requesting the jump and I know mine will always be open to who ever is next in line!

Cheers

Jay Q

YHZ

Guest Panama Jack

Good on you Rob and ChicoChico.

Especially in this time of strained relationships, I feel it is important to reflect on the fact that regardless of the size of the plane, the colors on its tail, the name of our companies and the politics and differences in opinions WE ARE ALL PROFESSIONAL AIRLINE PILOTS, a fraternal group, AND WE ALL HAVE MORE IN COMMON THAN WE HAVE DIFFERENCES.

Guest Panama Jack

Good on you Rob and ChicoChico.

Especially in this time of strained relationships, I feel it is important to reflect on the fact that regardless of the size of the plane, the colors on its tail, the name of our companies and the politics and differences in opinions WE ARE ALL PROFESSIONAL AIRLINE PILOTS, a fraternal group, AND WE ALL HAVE MORE IN COMMON THAN WE HAVE DIFFERENCES.

Actually 2000 feet is the minimum over the Gulf Islands. Noise reduction and a good neighborhood factor go a long way to offset noise complaints. Over the years TC has developed numerous VFR arrival routes/altitudes to counter these complaints so, if you’re flying lower, eventually Transport will make all the VFR’s pay with even higher & possibly tighter VFR restrictions. Let’s not screw it up because, as GDR said, it is a great flight!

Slim

PS Nice post Rob.

Archived