JetsGo Sale - how are they really doing?

Guest round here

Guest round here

67% load factor - (I know, I know same as WJ's) and a really deep discounted seat sale right in the middle of summer?

How is Jetsgo really doing, and are we going to wake up one day soon with these airplanes parked, and creditors wanting to get paid (C3)

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/cnw/030711/jetsgo_june_load_fact_1.html

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/cnw/030711/jetsgo_seat_sale_1.html

Whatever you do, don't ask Mike! (I am paraphrasing here) But he has said in the past something to the effect that he has started 5 airlines and learned from all his mistakes. I wonder how number six is going to do? There are still the rumours that 'do pay 'til next May' deals for the airplanes, but then how much can a 10 year old MD80 be worth anyway?

I agree, a seat sale now?

Don;t ask me. Leblanc owns the airline and he doesn't publish any verifiable or audited reports like a public company. I hear the same rumors, but I have factual to offer. There is always talk that he is in arrears on his lease payments or that he doesn't have to make lease payments for the time being but will soon have to, yadda, yadda, blah blah.

But I wouldn't lend him a nickle.

Guest Bugsy G Darren

Maybe with no engines and requiring a "C" Check.

If you check the market place the MD-82 will fetch 6-8 million. This price is operational with all current AD's and fresh "C" Check.

Remember back in the mid-80's, Nationair picked up a few DC-8's for a million apiece (mind you, they would have been better off in the crusher...) However, a few million for MD-80's is easy to raise, as long as you can operate the airplane. PSSST - Wanna start an airline?

the >$3m price is from an American broker, it has engines, and a C check in 1998. But they won't give it's registration and history to an individual however.

It's obviously an older airframe, but you get the point.

I would imagine the 6-8 Million price would be an MD-80 built in the mid 90's with low cycles and a glass cockpit.

does he need to recruit to pay for each MD80 he gets? Lets see...hmmm....at $30000 bones per flight deck caboose, 100/per A/C on the low side to 200-266.6667/per A/C on the high side leaves us with all those Home Depot associates/pilots back in the wild blue yonder post haste, Mais Oui?

The guy is a pilot pimp, nothing more and stop asking if he is actually making any money because that's none of your business

In its first year CanJet has increased its fleet from 3 to 6 A/C while carving itself an established business in Atlantic Canada.

The business has grown steadily but conservatively in the last year and we have not attempted to overreach ourselves.

I see the daily feedback from customers and it is quite positive. CanJet is operated by airline professionals with long experience in the field, most of whom are former Air Atlantic, including the pilots. Our cost structure allows us to be lean and mean and therefore competitive. We do not, however, require pilots to pay for training. Our pilot training programme is comprehensive and adminstered by a check department with over 15 years of training experience at Air Atlantic. Our flight operations, dispatch technology and in flight is considered state of the art.

We promote ourselves as Atlantic Canada's airline and the market seems to be accepting us as that. Our load factor has been good and has grown solidly in the last year. Advance sales for the summer continue to be strong and we have already began to market florida for the upcoming winter. We have not had to offer 2 for 1.

AP

Guest evenflow

I know that out of YYT Canjet is doing very well, 90-100 pax on the YQM flight and almost full on all others.

Jetsgo is not doing very well (although they have only been in the market for a month). They are getting around 40 pax per flight and have once had around 80, but again they have just started.

I am neither laughing at nor demeaning pilots, this guy has consistently left a wasteland of anything he touches in aviation after he gets his money of course.

Archived