NASCAR quote of the day

Guest M. McRae

The have to make better rear bumpers on those cars.

It is always funny to hear that the winner was a Chev, Pontiac or some other brand name. I wonder how many real Chev etc. parts they have in those cars?

Anyway, great race. Did anyone catch the F1 in Brazil? I see that it was red flagged due to an accident. Hope no serious injuries.

Amidst scenes of confusion in the pit lane the Brazilian grand prix ended after being red flagged in the 55th lap, following an enormous accident. As the race had covered more than 75 percent of total distance, the results were declared (in accordance with the regulations) from the 53rd lap. Meaning that McLaren’s Kimi Raikkonen was awarded the win, his second from two races, with Jordan’s Giancarlo Fisichella second and Renault’s Fernando Alonso in third.

Last ten laps were great. Its amazing how good the "23" car (Jr. and Michael Waltrip) did all day despite Waltrips mishap. Virginia next week.

Guest Starman

The Brazilian Grand Prix was amazing! More plot twists than a Grisham novel...

Has there ever been a less lucky driver than Rubens Barichello? He's probably sharing a bottle of Appleton's with Giancarlo Fisicella right now;-)

And Eddie Jordan is probably having a hell of a time trying to decide whether to be happy, sad, or angry...

...the MotoGP from Suzuka, Japan. Jeeeez. How many times I gotta tell you guys, real racing is on two wheels! Fortunately for you the Speed Channel will rebroadcast the race on Tuesday. :)

Thanks, I'll try to catch that on Tuesday. I like watching the two wheeled stuff too. I'm beginning to think I might have to start using the VCR on Sundays... even that silly open wheeled stuff is starting to sound exciting. ;)

You're right, great race! I've said it before and I'll say it again a pass in F1 means something! I think it was Talladega last weekend had almost 70 lead changes :| say what? entertaining yes, but actual racing? (putting on helmet for Mitch's response) :P

Hey, dr1 - did you catch the 200 during Bike Week this year at Daytona (well, following Monday actually due Wxx)? I was at the track, one of the most exciting races I've ever seen for first place.
;)

Always at least 3 bikes within a few lengths, often as many as 5. And to top it off, Miguel Duhamel (Canadian for those that don't follow bikes) pulls off the win after entering the final turn in 3rd. Must be a fast gene.

Cheers, IFG

Naw, I'm not going to blast you... In saying "I think it was Talladega last weekend" you've just made it clear you don't watch NASCAR, so it's completely understandable that you wouldn't get it. :D

When F1 has cars that really do have a chance competing with each other (though it seems this year they've come closer than most recent years) without a couple that totaly dominate... then maybe it'll be as exciting as NASCAR.

Who'd want to watch a race between a Porsche 959, a Ford Mustang and a Chevy Vega?
That's one of F1's problems... Another one is the difficulty in passing at so many of the tracks... and both of those troubles lead to that silly blue flag being so overused. What kind of a "race" has a rule that says you have to pull over to let someone pass you?!? ..silly me, the answer is of course just above... one that has the equivalent of a Porsche and a Chevy "racing" together. sigh...

You were there?! You lucky b……. I cleared my calendar, reserved the TV from the kids, stocked up on my favorite beverage, and got rained out. :( I think the 200 is one of the best races. The combination of road course and high banks is great.

Duhamel is definitely the man, and not just because he rides for Honda. ;) I’m really going to miss those epic wily veteran/young punk duels he had with Haydn now that Nicky has gone over to GP.

Cheers

dr

Guest Rob Assaf

By any chance do those guys have radios or brakes on those machines? For all the high tech they supposedly have, I can't for the life of me figure out why that manifested itself like it did.

The one car spin I can understand but the two other cars piling in after doesn't make sense, especially given how much longer after the flags were out that it happened.

I do enjoy NASCAR and after having attended a race I would have to say that it is more of a spectator event as opposed to TV. Have you watched the F1 qualifying this year? What a beautiful scenario, anyone (within reason) can qualify on pole but the price is payed later with low fuel loads at the start of the race!! Great stuff. Besides I enjoy a fine Port much more than a Budweiser,,,NOT!! :D

Guest Starman

I'm surprised that Alonso piled in the way he did. You would think that the crew would have been screaming on the radio to slow down before he hit the debris field, but strange things happen in F1, and that was one of them. Luckily, he wasn't seriously hurt...

Archived