Longtimer is gone

Guest M. McRae

Guest M. McRae

I have decided to join the ranks of those who post using their "real" name. Thus the identity known as Longtimer will no longer be used.

Malcolm

Guest M. McRae

Mike, just remember that there are 2 M. McRaes. One was on the 10 and the other (me) was not. So if you meant the other one, ....... :) (D)

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Welcome out of "the closet", Malcolm. You are to be commended for overcoming the fear of judgement by your peers. I strongly hope that others (who can) will follow your lead.

I have always been of the mindset that if you feel strongly enough to say it, you should be able to stand behind your convictions with your name.

To each his or her own though. We're all entitled to our opinions and beliefs.

I have always felt that signing your (real)name to a post eliminates about 90% of the BS and drivel that others have to read. Makes for much better forums. Of course, not everyone sees it that way!

Guest M. McRae

There is that Fester, but there is also the honest fear that someone on the forum may take your comment "personally" and get nasty. This forum is relatively well behaved and for the most part frequented by folks who enjoy a good debate. Those who don't fit that profile soon drop by the wayside.

Regards Malcolm

Guest M. McRae

No but since great, great grandad came over to Ontario in the 1790s, had 3 wives and 11 sons & lived to be over 80, I suspect I am related to most of the McRaes in North America. :)

I guess if your not a pilot or don't agree with the view's posted by the pilots your an idiot.Hmm Well guess what,i'm here to stay so while you guys keep whinning about scope,and how everybody else is over paid and un skilled i'll be here to make sure that the so called little guy has a voice.

Guest M. McRae

(Y)
I was getting tired of the confusion...... So are you going to be watching the 499? I think the repair concession at Talladega would def. be a money maker. :)

Do you know what ticket agents make at WestJet
What they took home last year?
If not,you don't know what your talking about.
How much does a pilot make at WestJet,and are you prepared to work for same.
This has been my question along,and all i get from you guys is dribble.I know real well i'll be taking a hit,but i think you guys who have all this education and training and your not going to take a hit are living in a dream world.Supply and demand,you must have taken that in school

You made a choice to stay at Jazz,or Nova etc.
You could have been mainline.I made a choice to do what i do,money is one reason and to be home every night is another.We are ALL replaceable "yes" but instead of dropping the bar we should be raising it for the others.Try working on the ramp,and tell me that they're over paid.Times OUT THERE are different then it was even a year ago.Everybody hired at Air Canada should work 5 years on the Ramp before they can say how tuff they have it in ther're present job.A lot of people would change they're tune about being over paid.At WestJet a rampie would work how many flights on any given day?Don't compare apples and oranges

Guest bianchiboy

Are you for real, and really think the things you say, or are you just trying to stir things up and get people cheesed at you?

You have some serious entitlement issues if you are for real.

Also, I don't normally stoop to correcting people, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me when people don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're", or "your" and "you're".

This might help you out:

"They went there (a place) and they're (the abbrevation of "they are") washing their (belonging to them) car. You're (you are) happy because your (belonging to you) car is clean"

Guest M. McRae

Only if you continue to use a handle that is a version of Longtimer. The confusion re the posts was one reason that I gave it up. Use it in good health. (D) :)

I as well avoid correcting because the Lord knows, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, however, sometimes you just want to help.

To adv. Running to work
Too adv. Me too
Two adj, pronoun, noun two of us, or two sales agents

I am going to work too, there will be two of us there.

Also, while I’m at it, there is a space that follows all pronunciation marks. ie, periods, commas, semi-colon, etc.

LTV, once again, as with ‘Bonuses”, your complete ignorance in the pilot structure at AC comes shining through. Many qualified pilots [see GURK’s post] did not make the choice to stay at Jazz, many were caught in either a regulatory, circumstantial, or time trap completely out of their control. A lot would like to be Mainline, they are not able.

Work on the ramp for five years? You’re funny. The places I have worked to just have a chance to start my chosen career would be a challenge for any rampie in Toronto. The ramp in Toronto is like Disneyland compared to where most pilots and AME’s put their time in. Anyway, the point is that a grade 10 dropout should not feel ‘entitled’ to a 50K a year job, along with the benefit package, for throwing bags onto an airplane, or pulling tickets for that matter.. This is not the way our world works.

You are about to find that out..

Guest Pull Up

Well said!
Bye the way Longtimer V, according to Clive during his presentation to the emergency Standing Committee on Aviation, Westjet pilots get about, correct me if I'm wrong, $170,000 per year including profit sharing. So much for AC pilots being so overpaid. I'm not so sure the same can be said for ramp, counter, or various other departments.

Archived