Longtimer is gone

Guest M. McRae

Guest Pull Up

I'm sure you'll find that the average pilot wage at AC is substantially less, and we fly bigger equipment. Unfortunately, you've missed the point- it seems the only group at AC that aren't overpaid (on average) by industry standards, are the pilots.

Hi LtV,
I'm sorry that you feel that life (AC) has dealt you a bad blow but really.......
I could go on and on about how long I've been flying,(20 years) and that I only make $46.000. I made my choices.... moving between the private and commercial sector. Not every choice has been good for me but life goes on.
I get treated with resect at the "gate" when trying to find a jump seat home to my family because I treat the gate agents with respect. Actually ... come to think of it I try to treat all my fellow employees with respect as we all have a job to do.
If you are so unhappy with your current situation then please step aside. There are a lot more people out there in a much worse situation that you are at this point ( okay... just a guess). Please stop taking your frustrations out on your fellow co-workers. we are all feeling the pain right now

Waytago Malcolm.

I always enjoy your posts and your somewhat unique perspective. I also respect the fact that although you were posting anonymously you never hid behind your anonymity and got into the mud slinging that happens all too often here.

Anyway, welcome out into the sun. :) (B)

Dave

GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr
eh-Hemmm.... The only what??!...
AME's... remember us?... I know we're almost invisible, but we're here....
We're most certainly NOT overpaid by industry standards! On average or otherwise. But then, you knew that, you just assumed it goes without saying, right.

Guest lupin

You will have to excuse pull up mitch....
Its pretty hard making ends meet with todays pilot salaries.They barely make enough to subsist.... a very rough life.... lol

Maybe with Air Canada seperating all the groups through restructuration we will finally get proper representation for our group.

Lupin
AME yul

If tyere is one group in this industry that is grossly underpaid, it is we AME's, for all that we have in training and responsibility plus at times absolutely horrendous working conditions, our renumeration is no where near adequet.
So you seem to have missed a group PULLUP!

Guest leftbase

Oh please. It's a matter of degree. Like the Lead the other day in YYZ, who showed up the usual 45 minutes after the Jazz Dash arrived at the gate. By his own admission, makes $115K/yr. Granted this is a senior employee, and that figure includes O/T. But while I'm not interested in seeing AC making Hudson General wages, you can't suggest some of these salaries are realistic.

Reality is probably somewhere in the middle. Good for him, to be able to make that much dinero for essentially an unskilled job. But the ride is over.

$115/k..not even if he maxed out every quarter would he make that.God its easy to get you guys goin.So tell me,was he working another flight or was he on lunch or maybe somebody gave him that flight and didn't tell him,or are you assuming he was just lazy and dogging it.

Archived