Lowering the bar

Guest saymach#

Guest saymach#

Just managed to stomach about 3 or 4 minutes of Clive on ROB TV (That is all I could take of his arrogance .. Honest).

Interesting comment from him that for me drives home the point about how significantly the bar has been lowered in this country.

He said that if he were buying fuel at SWA fuel prices he would have significantly lower cost per seat mile than even SWA does, this was primarily done to illustrate fuel taxes here at home.

But, considering that SWA has some of the highest paid personnel anywhere, makes me wonder where the difference in costs would come from .............. Hmmmmm the backs of hi employees perhaps ????

You must get awfully tired carrying that enormous chip on your shoulder. I know I’m tired of hearing about it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss but in your case ignorance is just plain ignorance.

Guest Sammy

Just managed to stomach your post.....You still don't get it do you. I geuss ignorance IS bliss. Hey my backs not sore, on the contrary never felt better. Any other WJ'ers here with sore backs?
Sammy

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end and I must give him credit he didn't slag us nearly as much as I thought he would.

At least it is nice to see him and Robert signing out of same hymn book on the taxation and user fees in this country.

Guest saymach#

Yup, I'll go along with that one.

Maybe YOW will listen to a common voice, Lord only knows it has been mostly deaf ears up to now.

Your first post:

"Just managed to stomach about 3 or 4 minutes of Clive on ROB TV (That is all I could take of his arrogance .. Honest)."

Your second post:

"Yup, I'll go along with that one."

Did you see it or not?

A touch bi-polar perhaps?

Guest saymach#

Huh !!!

The I'll go along with that one was in reference to stickle, saying it is perhaps good to talk to YOW in unision.

Believe me 3 or 4 minutes is all alot of people can take of Clyde

Hmmm.

Tell me if I'm following your thinking correctly: SWA has some of the highest paid personnel anywhere, according to you. Mr. Beddoe says that he could beat their cost per seat mile, in particular if he was paying less for his fuel. And your conclusion from that comment is that WestJet is screwing its employees?

Perhaps you'd like to explain how you came to that conclusion. I ask only because it seems like the kind of muddled thinking that will pretty much guarantee us an early trip to bankruptcy. However, there may be some rational explanation for your belief that I haven't considered. Why don't you lay it out for us?

neo

I regret to say that there are a few of my colleagues who are both jealous AND frightened. And their posts tend towards discussion on that level.

The unfortunate thing is they seem to think that their comments reflect well on Air Canada pilots, when instead they make us look like fools. When you add to that their inability... nay, their refusal to understand how your company works... let's just say that Clive could never have hoped for better.

neo

I have a great many friends that work in WS management. We have continued to stay in touch over the years and generally they are happy. The mood in HQ is not quite as happy there as it may seem out on the front lines.

I may not be a fan of Clive's but I have tremendous respect for him because of what he has accomplished. What I don't like of Clive is his cavalier "in-your-face" attitude when others are having trouble. He has certainly portrayed this during AC's current problems, he did when C3 failed. An exhibit of compassion for the workers on the other side would go a long way. He obviously has a personal thing against Milton because he exhibits this quite often. To Robert's credit he won't lower himself to do that.

Milton took many shots at us over the years. He just doesn't have too much to say anymore. Clive has only told the truth every time he has opened his mouth. Milton has tried to take us out just like he did to other start ups. The recent documents released in the airline tribunal will back that up. He speaks his mind just like any of you do. Instead of an online chat room he uses the nightly news.

Although my association with Clive has been limited, having heard him both personally and in pilot meetings, I've never heard him slag Milton or the employees of Air Canada. What I have heard him say and talk about are the business practices and plans of Air Canada. Thats what he complains about and offers his opinions about and he does it quite frankly.

Guest Sammy

Yeah! and I for one hope they don't catch on to your way of thinking......dr1 insert the chip without you noticeing or what?
Sammy

Guest saymach#

Neo, Neo, Neo

"I ask only because it seems like the kind of muddled thinking that will pretty much guarantee us an early trip to bankruptcy"

Your comments notwithstanding, I was merely pointing out (once again) that the bar has been forever lowered for pilots in this country. Like it or not, Air Canada pilots pay and benefits are the standard setters in this country (been that way for far far longer than I have been here).

I took a bit of time today before hitting the "post message" button earlier to pause and simmer down a bit. I was going to include a link to the WJ website for you to send in a resume, because time and time again you do not seem to think the company is very good or that ACPA does not represent you well(when you are not being quoted in the T-Star).

But on further reflection it came to me that you are a bit hypocritical (AC Bad - WJ Good), in that you would have a tough time playing the system there like you do here. At least some of the time bidding high reserve passing everything and hiding in the OK all summer watchin the grapes grow, WJ doesnt have that type of system.

I am probably in over my head with all the eloquent prose being bandied about here, but to be honest I don't have that much free time on my hands to sit and come up with the great paragraph.

Time for a sabbatical me thinks

You're leaving? And without explaining a word of your previous comments? What a surprise.

You see saymach#, that's the one big difference between yourself and so many other of the posters here. They endure, but you will not. The JW's, the dr1's, Mitch, cp fa, and so many others, despite the wide variety of strongly held opinions, they are all at heart fundamentally decent people. They don't come here to spread lies and poison, they come to learn and contribute.

I've watched many come just like you, then impotently disappear. They never last, and you won't either. My theory is that eventually they can't look at themselves in the mirror anymore. That and the nagging fear that someone will eventually find out who they are. Their own words poison the anonymity that hides them. Even when they keep coming back using a different nickname.

Enjoy your sabbatical, saymach#. This summer, when I'm kicking back in the Okanagan and watching my grapes grow? I won't be thinking of you.

neo

You're leaving? And without explaining a word of your previous comments? What a surprise.

You see saymach#, that's the one big difference between yourself and so many other of the posters here. They endure, but you will not. The JW's, the dr1's, Mitch, cp fa, and so many others, despite the wide variety of strongly held opinions, they are all at heart fundamentally decent people. They don't come here to spread lies and poison, they come to learn and contribute.

I've watched many come just like you, then impotently disappear. They never last, and you won't either. My theory is that eventually they can't look at themselves in the mirror anymore. That and the nagging fear that someone will eventually find out who they are. Their own words poison the anonymity that hides them. Even when they keep coming back using a different nickname.

Enjoy your sabbatical, saymach#. This summer, when I'm kicking back in the Okanagan and watching my grapes grow? I won't be thinking of you.

neo

Richard, I have read earlier posts from you where you have objected to personal slurs during threads. Some of the material you took issue with was far milder than what you've posted toward saymach#.

Respectfully, if you don't want others throwing rocks at you personally, then you should resist the temptation to throw them yourself.

Just my opinion.

Think about what you've said, Vsplat.

How can I throw rocks at saymach# personally. I have no idea who he is. He posts anonymously, both now and in his previous incarnations. On the other hand, he knows who I am because I don't post anonymously. His comments do become personal, even addressing my personal life. You don't see the difference there?

ALL I have to go on about saymach# is what he himself puts on the forum. I'd have little if anything to say to him if he didn't post lies and he didn't slander my friends and OUR professional colleagues.

If, in your mind, what saymach# posts is far milder than what I've said, I question your judgment on the matter. Respectfully, of course.

Just my opinion, too.

neo

I thought about what I posted before I posted it. I generally do.

Mine was simply a suggestion that throwing rocks invited the same response, and you seem to take exception to incoming. Question my judgement as you see fit.

Cheers
Vs

Archived