Air France 777 Control Issue

UpperDeck

I have a feeling that the CC are interconnected for pilot feel and "vision-sense" but I would doubt they are connected to cables for ailerons or elevators or rudders....probably all flight controls are electrical with . electrical servo motors now..

1 hour ago, conehead said:

I'm looking at an old Boeing training manual for the -200. There's lots of pictures showing the two control yokes interconnected. Maybe it was changed on later models?

image.png.56403f5894a26e6cc9f4529eae164370.png

There we go! Thanks Conehead. Clearly, I was full of shite. I remember *now* those force limiters.... 😳 ....think I'll go back to lurking mode now and try to remember that I cannot ever trust my memory. Sorry folks.🥺  

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cronin said:

There we go! Thanks Conehead. Clearly, I was full of shite. I remember *now* those force limiters.... 😳 ....think I'll go back to lurking mode now and try to remember that I cannot ever trust my memory. Sorry folks.🥺  

Don't lurk, I for one enjoy your input but maybe you will never see this comment (do you have me on ignore?) 😀 ) 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mitch Cronin said:

We enjoy your input Mitch... hope you continue to pop in and stir the pot from time to time. 🙂 It keeps us on our toes!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

I have a feeling that the CC are interconnected for pilot feel and "vision-sense" but I would doubt they are connected to cables for ailerons or elevators or rudders....probably all flight controls are electrical with . electrical servo motors now..

And now we're back to what we were talking about  - that the PM will have a visual/physical indication of what the PF is doing on the controls.  I understand that there is some significant differences between being mechanically linked and just having the inputs electrically repeated to both CCs but the key point in this discussion is that when one CC moves the other moves too. 

This should have made the incident we're discussing impossible and yet it didn't.  Of course a little verbal communication would have solved the problem too;  If the PF had called "Go-around!" and said "I'm pulling up but the aircraft isn't climbing!"  Maybe the PM would have stopped pushing on the CC (which he shouldn't have been touching anyways)?