The Return of the Salty Sea Dog

Mitch Cronin

One hundred and two days at sea..... and on his return, he's talking about dogs? blink.gif

Welcome back Kip! smile.gif Glad to see you made it back ok... Looking forward to reading a summary of your sea journals.

Some of us missed you... ph34r.gif

Cheers,

It's a wonder at all that he returned! With the picture that was posted of him with Scuba 2(wink wink) I wouldn't have ever returned myself if I had a companion like that....

Not saying that the Ice Queen isn't the Goddess of All There Is mind you..... wink.gif

Iceman cool26.gif

Welcome back Kip!

Well..ummm, errrrr, it’s great to be back…he said, tongue firmly planted in cheek. Actually… I did miss the banter and the up-to-date news items posted on this forum ….however no newspapers, no internet,(except 3 times for email), and very little TV for over three months tends to allow one to make peace with the world.

I honestly don’t miss the job but I do really miss being with some of the great individuals I have met, and these are people in all trades. I met a young private pilot on the Rideau canal, who was just getting used to his first boat, and he asked me what “lesson of life” I had gleaned from my years in aviation and I almost came up with a real smart ass answer but I paused and thought about the years gone by and tried to explain to him that it didn’t matter if you were in the pointy end of an airplane or were tasked with mopping the hanger floor, it would behoove you to remember that all people are different, have different aspirations, different goals in life, so above all respect an individual for who he is and not necessarily for what he does.

There is a great cadre of individuals on this forum, many that are very articulate and do much to further many readers knowledge of the amazing profession we call aviation. Keep up the good work troops and hopefully those that lurk and “read-only” will take a step forward and voice their opinion…… freedom of expression…what a concept…embrace it. Bon Chance !!! smile.gif

Archived