WestJet Robo-calls?

Moon The Loon

41 minutes ago, Moon The Loon said:

I've been getting robo calls from an agency purporting to be WestJet. Are these legit or just some clever phishing?

Phishing. I get them every couple of weeks at the office. What's funny is the first time I got one, it was on my TC BlackBerry as I stood in the cafeteria at the WestJet campus in YYC!

I get other ones purporting to be Marriott hotels as well.

I bit just a few minutes ago when they called again tonight. I pressed "0" and let it wring a half dozen times. Once answered, the caller refused to identify himself. End of call.

The number they called me from showed as 613-358-8130.

I hope the good folks at WJ can shut these criminals down. With prejudice.

2 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

I bit just a few minutes ago when they called again tonight. I pressed "0" and let it wring a half dozen times. Once answered, the caller refused to identify himself. End of call.

The number they called me from showed as 613-358-8130.

I hope the good folks at WJ can shut these criminals down. With prejudice.

There is no way WestJet can shut them down. Such is the nature of the communication world. Despite signing up to this https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en, in 2012, the calls continue.

Got a TEXT tonight from a Barrie number that advised me that my wireless provider had credited me $207.43 for over charges . I was supposed to click on the link, pick my choice of Banks and deposit the money  after I entered my account number etc etc.

I TEXTED back that I didn't need the money and I requested they give the funds to a charity of their choice.......then I BLOCKED the number

The phone system I use allows me to enter any number i want into the call display field.  I use my own but if I wanted I could use any number I wanted.  With a little bit or programming I could have the call display number be the same as the number dialed so you would get a call from yourself.  its very easy to do.

Archived