Friday Night Storms

blues deville

Serious damage in Ottawa from a line of weather that passed north of metro Toronto with two tornadoes touching down in the NCR. 

Started to BBQ about the same time weather was going by our house. Leaves, rain and anything else not tied down was blowing sideways. As I headed back in I heard what sounded like heavy jet directly overhead. We are just south of the YYZ arrivals so I knew this was unusual and it was much lower than normal.

Guess who was the only aircraft in the area on PlaneFinder dodging the weather into YYZ?

CC353DFE-08E5-4276-AC7F-A64BA6ACCFFA.png

7 hours ago, dagger said:

Seems like AF pilots like the challenge

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1044246830937124864

From my perspective, having operated extensively into Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick, etc, these type of gusty crosswinds are the norm and not the "unusual event" posited by the youtube or twitter video.

They just didn't handle it right. But they did the right thing and threw away the landing.

11 minutes ago, Moon The Loon said:

From my perspective, having operated extensively into Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick, etc, these type of gusty crosswinds are the norm and not the "unusual event" posited by the youtube or twitter video.

They just didn't handle it right. But they did the right thing and threw away the landing.

Looked to be about five feet and a de-crab away from landing. 

Archived