The Dee Family's Haiti Support

Seeker

I met Duncan Dee once.  He actually sat in my jumpseat on the short flight from YUL to YOW.  We obviously didn't have much time to talk as we were busy preparing for the flight when he showed up and too busy along the way for anything more than a few cursory words.  My overall impression of him was fairly neutral but, clearly, I didn't get to see the "real" Duncan Dee.

http://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/haiti-disabled-orphan-charity

Wow! Great story!

I must admit to getting REALLY teary eyed reading through the story of their mission.  We've been a foster family for 14 years and while most kids have stayed with us permanently, we've had to return a few to their family.

You can't stay detached; kids deserve to have someone love them enough to cry when they leave.  We force ourselves to rejoice that they are now in a (fixed up) family and that it's not only natural but right.  There are still tears though...

Good on the Dee's for experiencing Love with an intensity not everybody gets.  Good job getting Carl care he certainly would not have had on the island.  They done good!  Bon travay, zanmi!

I've always had a great respect for anyone who's been willing to take on a foster child.  When I think of the stresses and trying times in raising my own biological children I don't even know how's it's possible to take on the responsibility of providing a caring environment for some kid from a broken home.  To willingly accept, or volunteer, to take a child from a bad situation with a severe medical condition is almost beyond belief.

Archived