Delay ???

Kip Powick

Yeh, got an answer courtesy another member...(mechanical?).....Son and wife gonna be late for the 25th Anniversary of their time in Queens University in Kingston........and his Mother , with whom I have to live, is also not a very happy camper. Her planned supper and chat session just went out the window !!

So much for the theory (some people have) that 
"DOTs" are not bound by any time schedule and can absorb flight delays better than those still working. :D

My son and his wife are really PO as they booked a year ago because the timing was great for them to get to YYZ, drive to YTR and then onto KG for the 25 year anniversary of their time in Queen's University.

Just texted me and said he could have gone on DELTA using points and arrived at the same time he's gonna arrive now and the flight would have been free !!!:o

UPDATE..Apparently he rushed to the airport and snivelled two seats on a DELTA flight. He will end up in YYZ only 90 minutes later than if AC530 had left on schedule.. AC 530  is now scheduled to be about 6 hours late.

From AC.....did he get a refund....did  he get credit ???  I don't know but I guess we will find out tonite:P

Mechanical delays are unpredictable.  Was the part available in SLC?  Was a Mechanic available to do the work in SLC? Was there a facility, if required, in which to do the work?

Flight time minimum from YYZ is 4.5 hours if a mechanic needs to be flown in plus the logistics ahead of time and hitting a scheduled flight to get there.  6 hours to me is optimistic if that is what is required.

Good call on finding alternate transportation.

Is their AC 530 a regional operated flight or AC mainline?

Our son got some lousy customer service from AC this past holiday weekend. Not sure why. His flight home (FLL-YYZ) was delayed a day by Hurrricane Matthew (not AC's fault). But his return flight was a completely new booking adding a day at home and yet AC hassled him with his pre-paid bag fee and preferred seat assignment telling him neither was requested or paid. Yet he had his email receipts for each. Must have been holiday staff on duty at T1. Service is generally very good from our recent experience. 

Archived