Ot - Music Legend Releasing New Album

J.O.

I am very much looking forward to this new album. I hope I can get tickets for the Toronto show next March. :crossfingers:B)

Edited to use a video from David Gilmour's Facebook page. Seems the other version of the video was taken down.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154024238788574&id=9565558573&_rdr

Cool video. Nice guitar collection and pedal selection. That Tele at the end looks like it has a few miles on it. What a sweet sound!

That Telecaster is an Esquire Sunburst (1955 I think) that he uses when he's recording in his houseboat studio on the Thames.

Houseboat.....of course. Where all good recording studios should be located. :)

Looks like he may have added a front pickup. I think originally they only had a single in the aft position. And never clean the fret board!

Neil Young's guitar tech says the pearl inlays on his '54 Les Paul (old black) are lose and nearly falling out. But Young won't let him fix it for fear it changes the sound!

Good catch on the neck pickup. That's definitely a major modification. I wonder if Leo signed off on that one? :biggrin1:

The good news is I got tickets for my son and I. The bad news is I need to work another year just to pay for it! :103: But some things are important and seeing him live (maybe for the last time) is well worth it.

That particular track in the link sounds like quite a departure from Floyd both B.R and A.R (before Roger and After Roger).

It sounds much more upbeat. I'm lookin forward to hearing the rest of the tracks.

Good catch on the neck pickup. That's definitely a major modification. I wonder if Leo signed off on that one? :biggrin1:

The good news is I got tickets for my son and I. The bad news is I need to work another year just to pay for it! :103: But some things are important and seeing him live (maybe for the last time) is well worth it.

I think when it's someone like this artist you can justify the ticket price. At least, that's what I would tell myself. I notice the 2015-2016 tour dates include one night shows in only a few major North American cities (NYC, LA, TO) with a five night stand at London's Royal Albert Hall. Lucky them!

That's similar to what he did last time too, only he's playing arenas over here instead of theaters. He did two nights at Massey Hall and a very lucky few got to see it. With the gap between show dates, I wouldn't be surprised to see more shows added if demand is high enough.

Archived