B-29 Frozen In Time

Seeker

I had watched, and taped, this show this when it was first broadcast in 1996 and I was very pleased to find it now on Youtube. A very interesting documentary about the discovery and recovery of an almost intact B-29 from north of Thule. Lots of good flying and wrenching for a pilot and AME audience. This is the link to the full 1 hour show in one file.

http://youtu.be/1u4YBwjQTds

Used to take all the "newbies" on the C-130 for few low passes over that bird when we did their indoc flight to Thule and Alert. Pretty awesome sight when you know the history behind the final flight of the old B-29,

Saw the show many years ago but will certainly watch it again ......as we sit here floating in the rain !!!

i used to work with a gentleman that was approached for this endeavor. After scoping it out he and his team decided the chance of success was not worth the risk.

Cool, thanks! I remember seeing that one years ago but I will watch it again. It's proof that cutting corners under time pressure often leads to a heartbreaking conclusion.

Archived