I Gotta Quit Reading The.........( O T)

Kip Powick

Papers !!!

BOULDER, COLO.—Several hundred people turned out for a vigil in the U.S. for an elk killed by a police officer.

Those honouring the animal on Sunday lit candles, sang and told stories.

The large animal with antlers was wandering the Colorado neighbourhood when it was fatally shot by a Boulder police officer, who has been placed on leave. An off-duty officer suspected of helping by loading the carcass into a truck is also on leave.

The Boulder Daily Camera reported that organizers of the vigil wanted to give people an opportunity to grieve, celebrate and find closure.

and now this....Should I throw out my bottles of Bailey's ??

DOUALA, CAMEROON—A court has overturned the conviction of two men who were sentenced for five years in prison for “looking gay” and ordering Bailey’s Irish Cream.

The Court of Appeals Monday acquitted the men and ordered their release. The two men had already spent more than a year in jail where they were subjected to abuse from guards and other prisoners, according to human rights advocates.

The new ruling has been hailed by human rights lawyers and gay rights advocates who urged President Paul Biya to release all other prisoners found guilty under the country’s harsh anti-gay laws.

On December 17, a Cameroonian court upheld the five-year-sentence of another man, Roger Jean-Claude Mbede, who was convicted of sending a text message that said “I love you” to another man.

The Boulder Daily Camera reported that organizers of the vigil wanted to give people an opportunity to grieve, celebrate and find closure.

No doubt the "Grief Councillors" on 15 minute standby were called in on a priority basis. :glare:

Some people like animals more than they like people. Although I'm unlikely to be found at a memorial, I've lived with dogs and cats and came to appreciate animals in ways I never had prior. Wild animals have complex personalities and live within a fairly structured social environment. A little respect for them isn't a bad thing.

Archived