National Museum Of The Us Air Force

Tango Foxtrot

After years of wanting to go, finally got there! My son had a week off in November, so we went to Dayton and checked out the Museum.

www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

Check out the website, it is fantastic. The museum is unbelieveable. Dayton is not a tourist trap. The people were very friendly. Stayed at Drury Inn North, I highly recomend this hotel it was great! Good location, easy commute to the museum, real clean and great staff.

Tony!

It's been over 25 years and I am long overdue for a return visit. I'm thinking of a road trip that would combine a visit there with a stop at the Rock and roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, and for my friend Don, a side trip to take a ride on Top Thrill Dragster. :Dancing-Chilli:

We made it a weekend Motorcycle trip this year. found a nice Motel right around the corner and a bar that served 128 ounce bud "Towers" . The Museum visit was a Whole Day visit and was rushed. Keep your passport with you at the museum to go visit the Experimental and presidential hangar. Old AirForce 1 707 and Jetstar as well as some pretty unique and rare (1 built) aircraft including an original YF-12 the predecessor to the SR-71. Passports are required as the hangar is on the operational Air Force Base at Wright Patterson.

BTW in the American Tradition Admission is FREE as is parking.

Archived