TSA: Thousands Standing Around

blues deville

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/01/insulin-pump-lax-airport-security.html

I don't think our CATSA are much better. I was passing through Toronto's T3 recently behind a women with a pet carrier which completely stumped the entire CATSA staff. No one knew what to do until finally a supervisor appeared and started to organize a full inspection of the poor animal. Most of the CATSA staff on duty were speaking something other than the two official languages and the whole line came to a grinding halt.

The frustrated woman turned around to me and said "can you believe this?" I tried to joke with her and asked "how fond are you of your cat?"

Didn't really help the situation....

Along the same lines---I was carrying a boat anchor and chain---in separate containers. I had obtained prior "approval" but, of course, that was unknown to the "screeners". Approval of a supervisor was required for the anchor but that approval was rescinded when he saw the chain. It took a manager to over-ride that supervisor. Since I was airside of the x-ray, the lineup wasn't unduly expanded but that was four "screeners" waylaid from more "weighty" concerns.

Archived