Leaders Debate ---Score Card

Kip Powick

The NDP fell down on their support of the climate change debate which would foist a carbon tax on all of us. A huge, useless, impractical tax. Harper won because he never lost his footing. The Libs had a chance but let it slid.

Bottom line, it was Harper's to lose. He didn't.

Not that I like that result - I won't vote for him. But it was the BEST debate I've seen in 25 years. In control and extremely well scripted. As should be any debate.

Guest alkaid

Jack and Gilles were the usual. Reasonably good performance. Iggy ranted on and on like an angry schoolchild.

Harper was very Prime Ministerial. He convinced me that he was by far the best for the job if good economic management is desired. I will definitely vote for him. Actually, I will be voting for minister Baird.

The best part about the debate....I did not have to hear or look at Elizabeth May.:Dancing-Chilli:

Looks like we really got our priorities straight this time. May is not nearly important enough to be at the debate and yet we know that a hockey game is important enough to move a debate.

... foist a carbon tax on all of us. A huge, useless, impractical tax.

I was never a fan of the BC carbon tax that was introduced here in 2008. Then I read this article in today's Vancouver Sun: http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Campbell+hidden+million/4599447/story.html

It would appear that I, together with most BC'ers, didn't then and don't now really understand how the tax works. But if at the end of the day I pay less tax, and BC today has one of the lowest if not the lowest income tax in the country, then I can live with this carbon tax.

Cheers,

May deserves to be in the debate more than The Bloc. They shouldn't be allowed to run federally when their interests are solely based in one province.

So you're saying they had it half right then?! ;)

I was never a fan of the BC carbon tax that was introduced here in 2008. Then I read this article in today's Vancouver Sun: http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Campbell+hidden+million/4599447/story.html

It would appear that I, together with most BC'ers, didn't then and don't now really understand how the tax works. But if at the end of the day I pay less tax, and BC today has one of the lowest if not the lowest income tax in the country, then I can live with this carbon tax.

Cheers,

...interesting! and worth further study...

Archived