Video of a car doing 353 km/hr

Kip Powick

Before I even opened the link, I guessed Veyron.

I saw this video about a year ago. They took it on a closed 5.5 mile straightaway in Germany and did what the manufacturer said it would.... 407 km/h. 16 cylinders, 4 turbochargers, 10 radiators and 1001 HP (and a lot of $$$).

Very cool car.

407 km/h

Before I even opened the link, I guessed Veyron.

I saw this video about a year ago. They took it on a closed 5.5 mile straightaway in Germany and did what the manufacturer said it would.... 407 km/h. 16 cylinders, 4 turbochargers, 10 radiators and 1001 HP (and a lot of $$).

Very cool car.

407 km/h

Awesome! Love how the spoiler is activated with braking!

Isnt it interesting that an extra 200Hp only garners about 24Km/h top speed. Kinda make you wonder why mister road racer spends thousands of dollars on his honda civic for MAYBE 10Hp.

I saw the Top Gear where they tested the NEw Veyron and was very impressed indeed. the original one with Jeremy Clarkson driving was impressive in the fact that at over 300 Km/h he had ONE HAND on the wheel and was looking at the camera beside him

Gee i dont know... $20,000 for the tires. They are gone in 15 minutes. Fuel runso out in 12 minutes. So you can have a great time for a cost of $80,000 per hour.

Isnt it interesting that an extra 200Hp only garners about 24Km/h top speed. Kinda make you wonder why mister road racer spends thousands of dollars on his honda civic for MAYBE 10Hp.

It's all about the exponential increase in air resistance. As John says, "Speed costs money. How fast is your wallet"?

It's all about the exponential increase in air resistance. As John says, "Speed costs money. How fast is your wallet"?

What a drag...

Archived