B767-300ER Range?

J.O.

My wife is travelling on the AC flight from Dublin to Toronto today. The AC web site says that the flight is on a B767-300ER. Any guesses as to why this flight would need to make a fuel stop in YUL? I'm not complaining, just curious. I always thought the -300ER had much better legs than that.

My wife is travelling on the AC flight from Dublin to Toronto today. The AC web site says that the flight is on a B767-300ER. Any guesses as to why this flight would need to make a fuel stop in YUL? I'm not complaining, just curious. I always thought the -300ER had much better legs than that.

I don't think it's a fuel stop. It looks like planned DUB-YUL and may carry-on to YYZ, or wife may be transferred to domestic flight. Flightaware.com shows it scheduled to YUL. I see it operated DUB-YUL on Aug 01 so it may be a once a week Sked into YUL. I have seen the B767-300ER on a YVR-HKG flight, so yes it has legs.

The stop in YUL was for fuel. B767 CGHPH #690 has a Fuel System snag and was probably unable to go DUB-YYZ non-stop.

EDIT: Latest info says they are now going non-stop DUB-YYZ and should land at 2:55pm in Toronto.

Ahh...the old "refile" flight plan! Thanks "Saigon" for the internal info. The heaviest 763 (186T) is capable of 13+ hours with a max fuel load of ~76T (can't remember the exact number). We used to operate Buenos Aires to Madrid in one company, TLV to JFK in another. The latter with the lighter 763 (185T) into winter headwinds. Occasionally, a tech stop had to be made, but only occasionally.

Thanks folks for the replies. The Captain explained that the fuel system was not capable of carrying its' normal load but that the winds were favourable for them to get a re-clearance to YYZ.

I think she did. wink.gif

We took a 7 day driving tour in the south and west including stops in Killarney, The Burren, Inishmore Island and Connemara. What a beautiful place! In a couple of hours you can see a change of landscape that takes 3 days to find back at home.

icon_jook.gif

Archived