Ground Spoilers Up

For any NASCAR fans who saw the Atlanta race, should Carl Edwards be parked for at least one race after putting a top ten contender on his roof and then some? I like Carl, he is a licenced pilot who flys himself to and from most of the races but was that an almost deadly payback?

Watch the attached video to see the incident and judge for yourself.

http://racingwin.com/park-carl-edwards/

bd :cool:

I don't think he deserves any penalty for that.

Yes, it was pay-back, for numerous events, but still... if you look at Edwards' line, all he did was maintain that line and give Keselowski "no room". He didn't actually "turn right" at all... his hands went right only as contact was made, but then he had to at that point.

The damned "wing" on the back of those cars was a stupid mod.... for the exact reason shown.

Apparently 'the wing' is being removed soon with the old spoiler returning to the cars. Never liked the look of the wing and it only creates lift when the car is going backwards.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/03/07/cedwards.wrecks.bkeselowski/index.html

racing is racing,if your gonna be a jerk on the track somebody is gonna teach you a lesson,and carl did

back in the day of dale sr.,if you **bleep** him off you were gonna be in the wall

somebody has to step up ,nascar should stay out of it

wait when danica goes for ride,she may not look so hot after going over and over

but shes only in nascar for one reason

Carl has been put on probation for the next three NASCAR races..... and apparently, (cause I don't know), that is a pretty undesireable status to have as a racer.

NASCAR wants to get both drivers together and have them "clear the air and get back to clean honest and hard racing."

NASCAR wants to get both drivers together and have them "clear the air and get back to clean honest and hard racing."

Clean honest racing? That would be a first for Keselowski. They probably wouldn't say it in front of a microphone, but there's a good number of drivers in the series who think he had it coming to him. When you don't give an inch in the first laps of a race, you send the message that you don't expect it in return. My prediction - someone other than Edwards will turn him at Bristol next weekend. Probably Hamlin or the Shrub.

Carl has been put on probation for the next three NASCAR races..... and apparently, (cause I don't know), that is a pretty undesireable status to have as a racer.

Hopefully the meeting doesn't involve driving themselves in rental cars.....

Archived