ALL the details on the Canjet incident

Kip Powick

Well, he didn't give away all the details (from the article);

Sometime later, the Canadian-trained soldiers also breached the cabin from another passenger door, though Ellington wouldn't specify which one.

Future highjackers will now expect one of the passenger doors to be opened but since they won't know which one we'll still have the upper hand. huh.gif

Sometime later, the Canadian-trained soldiers also breached the cabin from another passenger door, though Ellington wouldn't specify which one.

It's okay, they've already shown exactly what they did it on TV.

I "logged in" and sent a "snotgram" to be posted in the comment section about how the Star should be embarassed by printing some of the methodology carried out by the good guys in thwarting a hi-jack, and that they did a great disservice to airline crews around the world by publishing a blow by blow account...pure sensationalism at the Star!!!....

Comments are moderated.........mine did not get printed dry.gif

I a don't agree that the story gives way too much in terms of methodology for a couple different reasons.

Hi-jacking on airplanes is fairly rare now and certainly when it occurs I hink the reasons may be more idealogicla than financial.

Basically the article says they eventually stormed the plane, not sure where the bad details are.

Basically the article says they eventually stormed the plane, not sure where the bad details are.

The news has been full of bad details. Even the dumbest potential highjacker will see that the press has been full of stories bragging about how the FAs managed to trick this one into releasing the passengers, about how he mistakingly let the Captain go, about how the police came in through the flightdeck windows etc etc. This stuff seems obvious to you but to someone who might want to try this it's valuable information. Just imagine how things could have turned out if these mistakes hadn't been made or if the police actions had been anticipated.

A big kudos to the crew and their level-headedness that resolved the incident without any physical injury.

I have known Captain James "Jimmy" Murphy for a long time, ever since he started flying commercially.

I great individual indeed smile.gif

As we would say at home, "god love your cotton socks Jimmy" tongue.gif

I hope you and the family are doing well considering what you have experienced.

Archived