Move over -Susan Boyle

Kip Powick

Guest woxof

This comment on Youtube sums up exactly what I was thinking as I watched this video....

"Kid has great talent but..........something is not right here. They come with their own audition music (Amy song). Simon stops him and they just happen to have (backup) music to a obscure MJ song so he can bring the house down. Something smells fishy here. Setup?.;.....I think this was set up for the show......anyyone else think so?"

As soon as I saw this...I thought....All pre-planned.

I believe that the show is a Simon Cowell production. Simon is in the business of finding talent, and I suspect that he's one of Simon's discoveries. As woxof suggests, the "drama" of the song change was probably all part of Simon's plan to put his boy in the spotlight. None of this takes away from his talent though. I'd say he's gonna give Susan Boyle a run for her money.

None of this takes away from his talent though. I'd say he's gonna give Susan Boyle a run for her money.

Absolutely...really ...who cares if it was staged or not? After MS Boyle the winner was almost a fait compli.....this young fella was good and makes it a competition once again.

Regardless..they'll both have "contracts" after the show biggrin.gif

Guest woxof

Absolutely...really ...who cares if it was staged or not?

Just pointing out the possible reality to those who may have been intentionally fooled into thinking that it was something so spontaneous. I wonder about the lady's possible setup as well.

The young lad was quite good and very comfortable on stage. I think contestants are probably told to come prepared with more than one song.........but who knows? The drama created by Simon stopping the first song was very effective.

The young lad's voice will change as he gets older - perhaps for the better, perhaps not. As long as Susan Boyle doesn't push too hard her's should remain much the same. She gets my vote.

It doesn't come as a surprise that you would vote for a self-professed "cat lady"! wink.gif

Thanks J.O. We animal lovers do have to stick together. I also had a dog for some 14 years. She was a collie shepherd cross - great dog.

It will be interesting to see how this competition plays out. Both contestants have talent but one wonders what is going on behind the scenes.

It will be interesting to see how this competition plays out. Both contestants have talent but one wonders what is going on behind the scenes.

Isn't the winner picked by the populace??? (Public voting?)

I'm sure SC put the kid out there so there would be some competition but I think the public has the last word smile.gif

I don't know if they call it 'trilling' when they sing like that, but on a woodwind, I find trilling, what I'd call what Boyle was doing, kind of annoying. Too much of it isn't a good thing, and it's something someone who is hunting for the right tone in a note tends to use to hide their deficiency. I appreciate even more when someone can hit the right note on the first try, and hold it steady.

Archived