New Found Land

Kip Powick

Done a lot of flying in and out of Newfoundland during my time in the air. Have seen it from both the air and the ground many times but I don’t think I have appreciated it as much as I should have.

I am sure many of you have been viewing the Newfoundland and Labrador tourism commercials that have been airing on CBC and you have to admit that not only are they well crafted but they also move the heart and soul. The vista are stunning and the music eerily wonderful

If you have not spent any time on the “Rock” may I suggest you take the time to plan a small vacation out there. The scenery is breathtaking and the people are warm and generous. Those that call that island home should be very proud of their Province. cool.gifcool.gif

Very nice, Kip. smile.gif

Hey, you could respond to some of Senator Mike Duffy's comments... biggrin.gif

By the way, I agree with you. I am a native Ontarioan who has enjoyed the gracious hospitality of some Newfoundlanders, and it is a wonderful place!

I've known Newfs for as long as I can remember... had a Newf live with us from the time I was about 6 I think.... while he went to school.... he and his sister and mother were from Fogo Island.... Them and every Newfoundlander I've met since have been among the finest people I've ever met. Warm, honest, decent, fair, down to earth... real, and good people.

I've never set foot on The Rock myself, but I will before long.

Good thoughts Kip. thumbs_up.gif

As my retirement finally becomes reality, wifey and I will be certainly be looking at the "Rock" as one of the good places to see along with some more of the superb wonders of Jasper National Park in Alberta. Thanks for pointing the "Rock" out Kip, but I can't wonder why such a superbly intelligent person as yourself would lower yourself to actually be watching the CBC? biggrin.gif

Just remember, if you only get to Newfy-John or Gander, then you haven't really seen the rock! Get to the small outports and stroll around. Buy a soda in one of those little stores or some fish-n-chips at a little take-out which is only a hole in the wall. If it's your first time, then go to a small community bar and tell them it's your first time. You will get Schreeched in!

That's Newfoundland. wink.gif

Never been to Que but spent 6 days in the Cornerbrook, Deer Lake area summer 08. Had great weather. Drove down to Little Port and by all the little villages and back up to Gros Morne National Park. Will be heading back to NFLD in the near future. Wonderful people as well, of course.

Archived