How're you enjoying the 1% reduction in GST ?

Kip Powick

The 1% gst savings is designed for large ticket items, by the time a guy/gal becomes a DOT the house and all the toys should have been long paid for, or at least we hope they are. wink.gif That being said I bought my wife a new RAV4 (a need) in the spring and the GST savings was around 350.00, and myself a new Harley (a toy) cool.gif and I think that was around 130.00. Now I have no doubt that the gov is recovering the money else where and this thing is generally smoke and mirrors, sad.gif so just hum a rendition of "Hands in my pockets, Hands in my pockets" laugh.gif

The GST reduction was a real crowd pleaser that doesn't help. I was against it all the way but politics and a cry for tax relief created this plan. I would rather increase the GST and harmonise it with the several provincial taxes to pay just one VAT type tax. This tax should be paid only once and only by the consumer at the point of retail. I would also NEVER give a credit or refund to visiting non-residents. If only I was King! biggrin.gif

Wanted to add this of my plan...

For the poor on social services just add the tax to the monthly cheque! IE. if they receive currently $800 a month and tax becomes 15% then add 15% (800+120=920) so it flows through to the government. wink.gif

Where do I pick up my membership card?user posted image

Say --- do dots get any tax breaks?user posted image

As a pilot you can join RAPCAN or as another trade there is Pionairs

... The members of RAPCAN and Pionairs as well as CARP are all parties to the big push to get "income splitting" passed by the Federal government as part of our way of life. When passsed that will be a significant tax break.

Apparently that feature to our tax structure will be coming. It has been stated that it is not a matter of "if"....but "when".

Don't forget all the perqs of getting to be a "senior"......CPP...OAS....Discount Wednesday at Shoppers Drug Mart....Discount Tuesday at Canadian Tire......lower entry fees to Famous Players...M'God the list just goes on and on !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif l

Archived