For some AC pilots

Kip Powick

Well they do apologize for not getting all the aircraft on the poster (Like the favourite one I flew - the Raptor Jet!) You could protest by not buying one.

BTW I see our multi-millionaire CEO's were presented with a free poster. Lemee see I gave $50 G in salary to the cause and the poster costs me 25 bucks plus GST and shipping, they pocket millions and get a free poster -its not fair I tells ya!

Chico

It's a neat poster, but I too was put off by the exclusion of CPAir (CPAL, etc) in the headers. I wrote to them this morning and received a reply stating:

"...as PWA chose to adopt a version of Canadian Pacific, we thought that the flow worked out better. You will also notice that Trans-Canada Air Lines, Canadian Pacific Airways and CP Air are also not there..."

The reply went on to state that they would be happy to create my own personalized poster with aircraft and liveries of my choice. Oddly enough, no one mentioned anything about it being free – but maybe they knew I wasn't a "grand fromage".

The poster vaguely reminded me of the advertising when PWA took over CPA/ND/EPA. Great efforts were made by management to point out how all these proud airlines came together to form the new airline: Canadi<n. The theory being to plant the seed with the public (and the employees) that taking the best from each would make the sum greater than its parts. It turned out to be good advertising and seemed to make for better employee relations.

Strangely, the idea never did catch on in another, more recent takeover...

mic

Guest Fly_boy

Saw it, loved it, bought it.

Mine came from the credit union in Term 1 YYZ, and then I heard that it was at Aviation World in YZ and VR but since I am not in YYZ this option was better for me. Dreams Take Flight gets a portion, and having worked with them, the more they get the better.

I guess that there will always be strong sentiments one way or another about the New Air Canada. I am not willing to jump into that murky pool.

I do not think that $25 for a poster of this magnitude (over 300 aircraft) is steep. Check out some other aviation prints (even those at Aviation World) and compare what you get for $20 - a large artsy blow-up of one aircraft. This one gives you 300+ aircraft for less than 10 cents each. Heck, I paid that much for a year, ans suspect that most of you did the same, to use this web site even with enough free ones to go around and the discussions are all the same.

At any rate, I like it and from the November Horizons online article it looks like this whole thing was done by two guys (employees) at their own expense. AC only gave them the ok and some of it goes to a good cause (Dreams). There is nothing else out there like it, and while we can agree or disagree on what should or could be there or what colour blood runs though our veins, it is impressive and I choose to see it that way and happy to have it hanging on the wall in my office.

Perhaps a Jazz poster will be in the works. Would be nice too.

Link to Horizon's article (go to page 11) Takes a few minutes to load and WARNING - PHOTO OF ACE PRESIDENT!!!

Horizons online - November 2005

Archived