Santa brings Strat's ?

Mitch Cronin

Was tempted to post this where the thought originated, but it really has nothing to do with whatever Harper might be smoking. biggrin.gif

... If Santa should happen to be kind enough to bring Greg a new Strat... I have two questions:

1- What for! His old one is GOLD!

2- Can I buy the "old" one for a song? biggrin.gifwink.gif

...on a related note... I'm just dyin' to see my son's eyes on Christmas morning... I - errr.... ahhh... Santa - got him a Squire Strat. ... Same body, neck and style, and still "backed by Fender" (whatever that really means?)....just cheaper hardware then the real McCoy, and probably not nearly as much attention to detail in the making.... (so much less expensive)... He's gonna be thrilled!!! ...I tried it already and it makes his guitar seem like a toy!. biggrin.gif (it sounds better than mine too!)

....And while I'm here... seems like a good place to be wishing every one of you a very Merry Christmas!!

Cheers folks... Hope y'all have a great Christmas. ...stay safe.... stay warm...stay with your family... and enjoy!

Mitch

MITCH..... to you and your family...including the dog...all the best for 2006 and those that follow.

You know I will be some PO'd if I don't get a headsup when you beconme a "dot"...even if it means I have to be pushed there in one of those wheelychair things....!!

Kip and Scuba 02

Mitch:

If you insist on upholding the traditions of Ol' St. Strat, then at least hope for a visit from either "American" Santa, "Custom Shop" Santa, or "Signature Series" Santa.

If either "Korean" Santa or "Mexican" Santa pokes his head out, shut the flue immediately, as their respective elves are simply not up to the task.

No disrespect intended to those of Korean or Mexican origin.

laugh.gif I understand what you're saying Murray, but I'm afraid I'd haveta welcome any one of those sorts of Santa's Murray. The Washburn I have right now would have been a fine choice for a late 80's punk player (or something like that?... with a single bridge pickup), but it just doesn't have any warmth for my taste in sound... Even my son's shiney new Squire Santa will put it to shame. smile.gif

In any case, having seen the $$tags that hang on those particular elf creations you speak of, I don't know of any Santa that could afford that kind of labour. wink.gif

Cheers, and a Merry Christmas to you and all the folks workin' for NavCan. martini.gif

Hi Mitch

Mostly I use a Mosrite, "Ventures Model" now. I'm kinda restin' the Strat.

I'm at the point now that I just bought an electric guitar for one of my grand-kids. Time flies eh?

Merry Christmas

Greg

Hiya Greg... interesting guitar! I just googled it ... knew nothing about it before now.

The versatility of the Strat is what's attracted me most... I'm sure there are finer guitars for a given sound, but theres something about those 3 pickups and 5 position switch that enables one with the right talents to make some sweet sounds. ... Stevie Ray I ain't, but I can dream.... and I'm getting a wee bit better all the time. cool.gif Who knows, maybe one day I'll even find the right notes to put some tasty dweedle deedles in a blues tune or two? biggrin.gif

Best o' the Holidays to you and your fambly sir. martini.gif

Mosrite?

Holy Johnny Ramone, Batman. Congrats, GDR, that's a real collectible.

Mitch: Tone-wise I'm with you 100%. There is nothing like a true single coil sound, and you don't need to go further than Jimi or SRV to hear it.

As for us poseurs, I agree with the late Dimebag: There is no such thing as bad guitar playing. It's whatever makes ya feel good.

Merry Christmas to y'all.

As for us poseurs, I agree with the late Dimebag: There is no such thing as bad guitar playing. It's whatever makes ya feel good.

Merry Christmas to y'all.

It's a nice thought, but then Dimebag never heard me whistling.gif ....

Big ditto on the other part, IFG beer_mug.gif

No Strat, or guitar for that matter; but I did get a double DVD called Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival. A highly enjoyable 3 1/2 hrs. of music by a raft of highly acclaimed musicians with different backgrounds.

http://crossroadsguitarfestival.org/artists.html

Btw. the royalties of this DVD go to the Crossroads Centre, a worldclass addiction treatment center.

http://crossroadsguitarfestival.org/crossroadscenter.html

Archived