Right then! Let's have it?

I popped in here sometime last night just to have a look, and saw there was nothing to look at... in spite of the 61 users then online huh.gif ... Now... this morning... there are presently 55 users online, yet still nothing new? unsure.gif

Whazzup? Y'all busily reading through past posts? ... orwhut? icon_question.gif Speak up lurkers? Don't worry, we won't let Dagger chew you up and spit you out without offering some cover... What's on your mind? How was that last layover? ...or that last sip of beer? ... or what'cha thinkin' about?

Dork? Has that monster in your garage got to push your eyeballs back in their sockets yet?

Greg? What do retired pilots do when they feel like lookin at the puffy white clouds from the top side again?

Where is that guy that blasted me for wondering where the ladies were a couple years back?

dr1? What makes a fella hang up his rock-n-roll career for a steady job with a uniform?

Has anyone gone to visit Neo to sample his grape juice or let him know his presence is missed here?

Where's DH?

....if it weren't so hot and muggy outside, I'd be cutting grass... but shoot... out of 55 of us (probably more by now), surely I'm not the only one wanting to engage in something more interesting than watching the grass grow?

... ok.... back to my guitar for me...

Cheers all, coffee.gif

... but shoot... out of 55 of us (probably more by now), surely I'm not the only one wanting to engage in something more interesting than watching the grass grow?

The reality in the numbers, Mitch, is that 50 could very well be posters or lurkers that simply forgot to log off... laugh.gif

Well.... I don't suppose there's a high percentage of 'em that are here just dying to see what come's out of my keyboard! huh.giflaugh.gif ...

Oh well... Maybe what we need here is another trivia challenge with prizes?

I could donate an old 12 string guitar with a broken neck to the prize committee... Anyone else? And what would be a good challenge?

Greg? What do retired pilots do when they feel like lookin at the puffy white clouds from the top side again?

Well Mitch

There are a bunch of us that meet for coffee in the morning and tell tales of derring do that would curl your hair. Did I tell you about the time ------. I'm sure you get my drift. plane.gif

I spend a lot of time with my guitar as well. I had sorta planned a second career as a teen idol but that hasn't really panned out.

I applied with Ben Mulroney and told him I'd be the perfect candidate for that Canadian Idol show. I told him I was Canadian and I was certainly idle. I said not only that but I'm a Conservative, but nothing was working that day, including me.

Still lookin' forward to some day having a pint with you. beer_mug.gif

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg... A pint eh?.... smile.gif... I've got about 21 days to go before I'll let myself have another sip (set July as the arbitrary, just-for-the-halibut target date)... My wife asked me "What are you going to do in July"... to which I responded, without the slightest hesitation: "Buy myself a bottle of rum!" biggrin.gif

One of these moons Greg... I'll find my way out to your end of the world and 'll make a point of aranging for a visit with you in YYJ. I look forward to that as well.

BTW... no, I don't think you did tell us about the time.... Go on? biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Posted: Jun 10 2005, 05:32 AM ... Whazzup? Y'all busily reading through past posts? ... orwhut?  Speak up lurkers? 

Well, that'd be 03:32 AM my time, so I would have been sleeping. At 0532 our time I would have been bringing the coffee up to Mrs Curious so we could head out to the pool for our crack of dawn swim. (Well, 24 hour daylight means no dawn, but you know what I mean.)

I don't find that I have anything, not even witty asides to post until I've ingested my third cup of coffee, checked the sat pics for weather, and avoided the more pointed emails from the day before.

I do have a post in mind after reading the heart-warming Muskox story, but it's only coffee #2 at this point.

AME,

Is it true most of the stories start out..."No sh#$ guys, there I was..." 

Of course it is, I mean, "There I was at 40,000 feet, upside down, with nothing on the clock but the makers name, the Automatic Pilot jumped out with the only parachute on board, left me with a Silkworm and a pair of knitting needles, boy was I busy" laugh.gif

Mornin' Mr. Curious... or Should that be Mr. 2?

This time thing has got me befuddled... Y'see it says on my screen (except where you quoted it) that I " Posted on Jun 10 2005, 09:32 AM " ? And yet I could swear I really posted somewhere during first coffee which woulda been more like 08:32 (or so dry.gif ) ???

There's an odd thing that happens to time around me... Sometimes daytime is really night time and morning is really evening and I guess 08:32 might as well be 03:32 or 00:whoknows.... cool26.gif

But I can grasp the first coffee, second coffee, third coffee concept pretty well, so we'll look forward to hearing from you soon. wink.giflaugh.gif

Cheers, coffee.gif

Dork? Has that monster in your garage got to push your eyeballs back in their sockets yet?

Mitch, Still working on it. You know kids, work, money, the ladies. rolleyes.gif

I want to have it ready to crank on the dyno in the fall. Will keep you posted on the final result. cool.gif

This time thing has got me befuddled... Y'see it says on my screen (except where you quoted it) that I " Posted on Jun 10 2005, 09:32 AM " ? And yet I could swear I really posted somewhere during first coffee which woulda been more like 08:32 (or so  ) ???

Mitch

Go to "My Contols" and "Board Settings" to pick your time zone wink.gif

AME,

Of course it is, I mean, "There I was at 40,000 feet, upside down, with nothing on the clock but the makers name, the Automatic Pilot jumped out with the only parachute on board, left me with a Silkworm and a pair of knitting needles, boy was I busy" laugh.gif

That seems to happen quite a bit, I think I've heard the same story from just about every Pilot I know tongue.gif

There was a time as a 100 hour wonder that I took a friend up with me (20,000 hr + Capt) and he was going to "Show me" a couple of things, so he pulled off the mixture and hauled back on the column and when the ASI, VSI, prop and heart rate all hit zero at the same time it was the closest to absolute perfect silence I've ever experienced ohmy.gif

Of course there was a bunch of swearing shortly thereafter wink.gif

It's 28 degrees here, but according to the humidex thing, it feels like 36. It's been like that for a couple of days, and it's only been going down to about 18 at night. We don't have air conditioning, so I haven't been getting much sleep, and frankly, I'm feeling a little crabby.

It's also blackfly season. We seem to have miraculously developed a heat resistant variety that swarms and bites even in broad daylight and severe heat.

If anyone wants to come up and help me plant flowers, you're more than welcome. tongue.gif

Other than that, I got nothing.

Album Title:

The AEF's Greatest Hits

Artist:

AEF Blues Gang

Side A:

1- The OAC Blues

2- I Used To Be Blue

3- Everybody Needs a Haircut

4- The Clive Stomp

5- Milton's Hilton and Executive Jug Band Blues

6- All Jazzed Up and Ready to Mainline

7- Jazz Blues (instrumental)

8- Dueling Airline Python Spoof (C. EH filling in for L. Aster on trumpet and vocals)

9- Showdown at Midnight Romp (Live special guest appearance by the ACPA Chior)

10- Everybody Knows Neo's Somewhere (with our thanks to Neil Young)

11- Kellermichnipichercated 12 bar Blues in 5 part harmony

laugh.gif

It's 28 degrees here, but according to the humidex thing, it feels like 36. It's been like that for a couple of days, and it's only been going down to about 18 at night. We don't have air conditioning, so I haven't been getting much sleep, and frankly, I'm feeling a little crabby.

It's also blackfly season. We seem to have miraculously developed a heat resistant variety that swarms and bites even in broad daylight and severe heat.

If anyone wants to come up and help me plant flowers, you're more than welcome. tongue.gif

Other than that, I got nothing.

Jennifer... Don't worry, those black flies will all be gone by this coming winter. biggrin.gif

...and the heat? well, that too will pass. sad.gif

Look on the bright side... The lakes should be great for swimming in this year!

Now I haveta ask... why no air? Not yet? is that it?... or are pilots really that cheap? tongue.gif

are pilots really that cheap?

Well, this one certainly isn't. laugh.gif

He wants to get air conditioning, I'm the one who doesn't. We had it in the last house, but this is cottage country, and I'd prefer to try the "open window" method before I give up and put in central air.

On a brighter note, I finally located the nuts and bolts to secure the swimming ladder to the dock, so I'm going to have my first swim of the season. The water is a refreshing 78 degrees - should give me some relief since the temperature here has actually risen to 29 with a humidex of 38!

To you Ontarians please send us stubblejumpers your hot weather! We are freezing out here. 30C would be heaven to us as we have no humidity or air problems (smog) out here.

I still haven't finished planting my annuals as the flower beds are too wet. Saving grace is that our skud mosquitoes haven't hatched yet ! Even the blackflys don't want to come out and bite yet!

On a much sadder note, we buried a fellow employee this week. He was 42 and left behind a wife and 2 sons aged 19 and 7. When learning his cancer was terminal he had the courage to make a video which was shown at his funeral. It was humorous and at the same time time very sad or as he said very surreal! The church was filled (900) mourners.

I've followed the 777/87 posts and it all seems to be such a money issue. All I can think of is my friend was happy in his job and accepted the wage he was working for as most of us bottom feeders do. His average work month was 160 hours starting at 0400 or working until 0100h.. how many quality hours did he get to spend with his family? I would bet less than some of our AC mainline pilots working 90 hrs a month and making much more in wages than he did.

Life can be so short , just enjoy what you have.

Dork, "Will keep you posted on the final result." ...Please do. Thanks. Pictures would be welcome? cool.gif

Chico... why you... saszafrazzarazzarazzamuck (remember Mutly? tongue.gif ) ... I'm working on trying to make an MP3 of one of those songs to post here. biggrin.gif

Life can be so short , just enjoy what you have.

The dilemma is that this concept is almost impossible to teach in the absence of the experience, and becomes grimly self-evident in its presence.

ccairspace

CC! Good golly that does sound like an existential view! ...or a depressed one? ...or ? huh.gif

Not impossible I think... difficult to teach. ...but often people come to that realization on their own. Not always through a terrible personal tragedy either... I think it frequently can come simply by reflecting on other people's losses (adding some value to those losses as a side bonus smile.gif )

Cheers,

Mitch

PS. For Chico: user posted imageuser posted imagebiggrin.gif

CC! Good golly that does sound like an existential view! ...or a depressed one? ...or ? 

Well, you know, that's good question. I had just finished reading through the AC widebody thread sad.gif before reading newgirl's post... I should have probably cross-quoted and posted there, but I'm only on my second cup of coffee so the brain cells are still yawning. biggrin.gif

Oh, by the way Mr. Cronin... Those are very cute emoticons you posted for Chico

and I marvel at your early morning neuronal acuity in moving them from one forum to another, but what I will be waiting for is the MP3! thumbup.gif Mitch's Album! (Too bad your name isn't Al... tongue.gif )

Enjoy the summer weather. cool.gif

ccairspace

(writing from monsoon country)

Archived