Spying led WJ to switch airports

fido...thats the mentality that got the egos deflated a little last year..forget so soon do we?CCAA.

If you are talking ego's, point first at MH (that got WS in this mess) and CB.

In a company with 10 billion a year in revenue like AC $250K a month is peanuts fr all of the good publicity it is giving. WS would be wise to get this thing settled and out of the way, anyway possible.

If you are talking ego's ....

Not speaking for the other guy, but I don't think "ego's" was the talking point, but rather "mentality" - that we-are-bigger-so-we-can-outlast-the-competition one. wink.gif

Cheers, IFG beer_mug.gif

If you are talking ego's, point first at MH (that got WS in this mess) and CB.

In a company with 10 billion a year in revenue like AC $250K a month is peanuts fr all of the good publicity it is giving. WS would be wise to get this thing settled and out of the way, anyway possible.

Actually Westjet is planning on 1.4 billion in revenue for 2005... it's getting closer to that 10 billion all the time. biggrin.gif

The spreadsheets from November, 2003, use airport codes for Toronto (YYZ), Hamilton (YHM), Montreal (YUL) and Ottawa (YOW), and line by line, show which Air Canada flights were most popular and which didn't perform so well. For instance, Air Canada Flight 415 at 2 p.m. on Wednesdays in November, 2003, from Montreal to Toronto had 96.9 per cent of the available seats filled, compared with a load factor of 61.5 per cent on Air Canada Flight 401 at 7 a.m. on the same route, also on Wednesdays. Mr. Hill's reports contain details on individual flights, such as Air Canada's average seat capacity and load factors Monday through Sunday.

Mark Hill claims to have accessed AC's website up to December, 2004 or March, 2005 (I can't remember). If my memory serves me correct, he was doing this for a period of one year. I also recall reading that Mark initially spent most of his time viewing the website and only later did he "allegedly" start mining the information. If what I can remember is accurate, where's the proof that this spreadsheet was compiled from AC's website? Could it be that Mark didn't have access in November, 2003?

Just a thought...

Archived